• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Agreed if you are using a beefy c line or s and not anything else, but then I'd argue you aren't fully utilizing the molds. The beauty is the fact that innova/discmania/millennium have the resources to release in multiple plastics that allow us to use one mold for multiple slots. Pro PD crush and can hyzerflip, whatever.

Just so everyone knows the new run of S PDs are at least as stable as the pat # SPDs. Maybe more stable. The profile is super similar and the PLH is at least as high if not a little higher. Dope as hell, bros. Dope as hell.

Agreed if you are using a beefy c line or s and not anything else, but then I'd argue you aren't fully utilizing the molds. The beauty is the fact that innova/discmania/millennium have the resources to release in multiple plastics that allow us to use one mold for multiple slots. Pro PD crush and can hyzerflip, whatever.

I agree between the plastics a PD is an ideal overstability for the one mold fairway line up. Obviously those C's I had would have stayed overstable for a long time. I also bagged an S which beat in much quicker until it flew like a thunderbird, overstable but not C PD overstable. Obviously I liked the C and S a lot but for my tastes I don't want a less durable one. I would personally prefer something like a champ viking, champ valkyire, champ TL, and so on. The champ TBs at the time were perfect for that because they weren't as overstable as a new thunderbird so even though they were very durable champ it was a short time before they were hyzer flipping straight with ease. An average S PD would take a lot longer to get to hyzer flip dead straight S shots with ease. you can tell I'm not a mold minimizer lol. The PD obviously has the right amount of overstability for a one mold fairway line up but you would have to have some P lines in there for a long while.

Oh, I agree for sure. P drivers in the woods isn't exactly ideal. And one really hard tree impact can change that flight, which is frustrating. It happened to me today, haha.

I've fought with myself back and forth about it for some time. : ) but I can't imagine what other disc I'd use. A valk, probably.

Oh, I agree for sure. P drivers in the woods isn't exactly ideal. And one really hard tree impact can change that flight, which is frustrating. It happened to me today, haha.

I've fought with myself back and forth about it for some time. : ) but I can't imagine what other disc I'd use. A valk, probably.

I don't think it matters whether you use a leopard, cheetah, gazelle, leopard, TL, beat teebird, valkyrie, viking, beat thunderbird, FD, PPD, beat PD, XL, mantis, beat avenger, trilogy equivalents, MVP equivalents, and so on, and so on. If it's relatively a "fairway" and it's easy to throw straight they all give me the exact same score.

It's obsessive compulsive to minimize your discs and even more so your molds, so if it satisfies you in some way than minimize your molds because it will satisfy you and accomplish the same scores right? For me I love to have less total discs at the moment, but minimizing molds isn't important to me at all so it's a non issue for my personality. I have fun throwing only one brand of discs, but not for a serious nor strategic reason. I do it because I know I would shoot the same with any one brand or every brands so I just picked my favorite. I find it very satisfying, to the point of multi year disc boredom really. I'm fine with that, I don't miss focusing on and thinking about discs.

I wasn't really thinking that hard about it. I've never really thrown a control driver other than the pd or olf for distance. So I literally don't know what else I'd throw, it's not obsessive. I don't have the experience.

Much easier and cheaper for me to be familiar with one mold and its characteristics across plastics/runs. It's already complicated enough.

To me a "control" is the same as a "fairway" and a Brinster teebird gives me the same distance and score as a C PD. I think Paul McBeth would disagree with me though and he's the best.

I certainly used to feel obsessive compulsive when I was "designing" my bag and when I joined DGCR and started trying to have the most logical, strategically sound bag lol. It didn't help me but I bet it didn't really hamper me either, my focus was just in the wrong place regardless. I was trying to throw really fast back then so my scores were horrendous by PDGA standards. Now I'll borrow my friend's discs and shoot the same.

The PD is a great overstable fairway for me and I'd recommend it to anyone regardless of how fast you throw.

I have found a balance between the logical stratigic bag with less overlap and all my bases filled. The I found myself bagging discs that fit because they fit best, not because I liked it. Also didn't bag discs I love because the overlap.
PDs were a great example I loved them, but had so many Preds. Then I kicked the Pred, and threw other beefy drivers I didnt like as much. Now the Pred and PDs live in harmony in my bag. Pred for more control/fairway shots PD for distance or holding lines.

Can i bug someone to compare the S and C line to a Z Avenger? lost mine and thinking this may be a fun replacement

Generally Z Avengers are identical to a Champ Thunderbird. So identical to a somewhat worn C/S PD. All three make great overstable fairway drivers, the PD is just more overstable. The Avenger and Thunderbird will beat into straighter longer discs faster.

I got to throw my new run S lines in some 10mph headwind yesterday and they were fantastic. They didn't even consider turning and still had healthy fade. The amount of distance they carry for relative to their rim size and stability is just ridiculous. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is the best run of S PD.

I picked up a 175 light blue c-line PD from my local Pias today. I had to have it. Super flat, stiff and has some really cool swirls in the rim. Any idea what run that could be? Feels so good in the hand.

Don't ruin the supply of swirlies...man they are horrible. In all honesty they are fantastic too bad mine are not getting beat up faster

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows the new run of S PDs are at least as stable as the pat # SPDs. Maybe more stable. The profile is super similar and the PLH is at least as high if not a little higher. Dope as hell, bros. Dope as hell.

Care to provide us with some pics?

Super flat, stiff and has some really cool swirls in the rim. Any idea what run that could be?
= 3rd run for sure.

I have one that I've worked on beating in for a couple of years straight and it's just at the point where it's more workable on different lines. Of course, just as I take PDs out of the bag. :\ It'll be one of the first ones back in my bag if PDs ever creep back in.

CiESWhc.jpg

167g twins came in today :D

Last edited: