• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pre-Game Warm Up Routine

Doupie620

Banned
Was interested to know what rituals/warm up routines you guys do before playing a round...:popcorn:

Specific stretches...

Putting practice? How many throws?

Mini-CTP contests, etc...

I change my shoes, throw 4 or 5 holes really hard and then go putt 8 times from about 10-12ft. That gets in the way of all of the clowns that are putting from 40 or 50ft and missing. They claim they are getting the feel but they are missing. Missing is bad.

cigarette, stretch, putt, cigarette, putt, putter throws, more putter throws, cigarette

when it comes to streching... core twists, stretch my legs and back.. the EAGLE mostly for shoulder and arms.. and a buncha arms swing just to get loose..

then a couple putts, long putts, long mid toss and i am good to go

Wake up, Foam roller.

Down dog/calf stretch/glute IT band stretch.

Warrior 1, 2, Reverse warrior 3x per side. Coordinating breath with movement.

Get to the course…jog, carioca drill, play catch with a buddy or start playing holes. Stretch hamstrings, always the toughest part to get loose.

Last 10 minutes is putting/upshots.

pre-game for tournaments: look around and wonder if i'm doing something wrong yet because i've only done a few tournaments. maybe throw at a practice basket for a few minutes if there is one.

pre-game for rec play: stretch back for 10 seconds, throw two drives right before my first real one

I also find a tough hole that is going to give me problems and just start playing from that hole on. I usually get about 6-8 holes of practice in and by then I'm pretty warmed up.

I think tomorrow, I'm gonna get to the course and go to the field for 10 minutes to warm up. Then go toss a couple holes to get loose and comfy. Then use the last 5 minutes to putt easy putts. Then talk w/ people. Then hit a couple nice feeling putts just before the 2 minutes.

Music that gets me focused, stretch back/legs, drink water or beer depending and relax, throw putts 15 - 30 feet for 10 minutes, finish water or beer, get bag ready, go.

I usually do a lot of leg stretching as well as arms. I then do a twisting motion stretch like a normal throw looks. Then take a little 2-3 min. jog.

i like to put my bag on my car, and throw almost every disc in it at the practice basket.

after i have cleaned up that mess, then i stretch the legs and back and neck. then its just a bunch of short putts, maybe getting out to the edge of the circle at the farthest. then ill throw a few of the first couple holes, tossing my choice driver, and sometimes a few mid ranges off the tee.

I wake up nice and early, be sure to get a healthy breakfast. Then I spit on each one of my dogs before I leave. When I get to the course, I spit in everyone's bag, scream random obsenities at the top of my lungs, and give the stink eye to any children that may be around. I then put some pants on before the cops show up, and procede to kick ass. By kicking ass, I mean that I like to throw rollers at other groups on the teepads in front of me.

Last edited:
I putt a few easy ones I know I can make, play holes which give me trouble... putt some more easy ones, putt a few harder ones (and miss most of them) then putt a whole bunch more easy ones. I might do some stretching sometime in there. Then I might throw some long drives in a feild, and putt a few more. Then it's time to start. (I've only played one tournement, and it was only one round, so I didn't worry about getting myself tired out.)