• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Wraith too understable

i had a DX wraith and it was pretty stable when i 1st got it, but its banged up really bad now and its super understable

Fightingthetide said:
I take that chart with a grain of salt. It also has the River and the Eagle-X with the exact same ratings across the board...

I still think a Wraith shouldn't be flippy at 350' unless it is beat-in really well. If you can get a Roadrunner further, stick with a speed-7 driver for your workhorse driver...like a teebird. Keep playing, and spend time in the field with other guys who can give you some advice. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Oh, and I second the advice to pick up a River.
True, the flight ratings are sometimes a bit sketchy due to small sample sizes and averaging across plastics, but the power levels have always been pretty much spot on. A Wraith shouldn't be flippy at 350' unless it's well beaten, but a 350' throw is enough to make a Wraith fly more or less like it's intended to. But only for long bombs, it shouldn't be pulled out often.

And yeah, River is a great suggestion.