• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
you didnt like the nuke or nuke os? what about the quasar? that one felt great to me.
I did like the nuke, my issue with it though was that I had three and all three flew different. And the nuke OS was a absolute meat hook. The farthest I ever got the one I had to go was like 350. I tried the Ti nuke, but it lacked glide compared to its z or x counterparts. I understand finding a consistent big boy driver can be tough, so I'm hoping Prodigy comes through on that.

I did like the nuke, my issue with it though was that I had three and all three flew different. And the nuke OS was a absolute meat hook. The farthest I ever got the one I had to go was like 350. I tried the Ti nuke, but it lacked glide compared to its z or x counterparts. I understand finding a consistent big boy driver can be tough, so I'm hoping Prodigy comes through on that.

i have had the same problem with Nukes.....luckily I am usually able to order enough and find the good ones (to me this is beefy). The rest I sell and can give the potential buyer a decent description of the stability on that particular disc...also if they gripe about me throwing it twice to see how it flies they should expect to pay full retail and not the $10 I charge,...

but yea...that is all

If it just occurred to me that Dungeons and Dragons fans who also play disc golf will love the Prodigy drivers, how ashamed of myself should I feel? Oh no, I just realized they will use them as rollers: "Elroot rolls 1 d4." :wall:

Yeah, the D2 screams r2d2 dye job. Also too, the skate shoe company Osiris had the D3 in like 1999 and then the D3-01in 2001. Moral of the story is that a Osiris dye will be done on my D3 should I own one.

I've gotten used to the naming scheme. I just wonder how far they've thought ahead on this one. Naming discs like this would suggest they don't plan to be the next Innova with disc releases once their initial line is out. It's all well and good to have 1-4 of ranging stability. D16 will be a tough one to pin down. Or if they go into Speed 9 territory which are still drivers but not fairway drivers? SD-1? Slower drivers?

I will personally admit that I dislike how overblown big company lines are. Is a Speed 10 version of an existing Speed 9 driver necessary? Etc. Either way, that's one of the big things I'll be interested to track.

For example, the Archangel, Roadrunner, Monarch, and Mamba are all essentially the same disc just speeds 8, 9, 10, and 11 respectively. Seems a bit overblown to me. If a company would focus more on what they have and improving the sport instead of finding the smallest gaps in their line to wedge a new release into, they'd certainly have my support.

I'm glad you're ready to critique the company who brought you disc golf after your almost 4 years of playing. Obviously innova hasn't done much for disc golf according to you.

I'm glad you're ready to critique the company who brought you disc golf after your almost 4 years of playing. Obviously innova hasn't done much for disc golf according to you.

I can critique whoever I want. That's the right of the consumer. And I didn't make a single claim to what Innova HAS done. Just that I'm not a fan of inflated disc lines.

And I'm curious as to what you feel my "almost four years" of playing factors into my opinions? It's a very solid ad hominem fallacy, attacking the poster to try and prove a point. But what point did you prove, I wonder? That you can get worked up over a single post, surely. Also that you can miss the point. So I'm left wondering what you feel you accomplished by insinuating that your "almost nine years" seems to give you more claim to offer critiques.

Let me put it this way. My almost four years of experience with Innova gives me more cause to offer critique than your almost zero years of experience with me to offer critiques on my opinions.

I respect Innova for what they've done for the sport. I respect players who treat other players as people with varying opinions and not sarcastic judgements. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way. And I'm sorry if this post is too much of a thread drift.

For example, the Archangel, Roadrunner, Monarch, and Mamba are all essentially the same disc just speeds 8, 9, 10, and 11 respectively. Seems a bit overblown to me. If a company would focus more on what they have and improving the sport instead of finding the smallest gaps in their line to wedge a new release into, they'd certainly have my support.

Each of those discs offers a different type of flight from the others

Each of those discs offers a different type of flight from the others

Yes, but I'm just a minimalist. You can give me a RR and I will be able to use it for any shot I would use any of the others for. For me, a RR is just a Diamond. But again, that's just my opinion. if there wasn't a market for people who carry 25 discs for every shot out of the box, they wouldn't make them. It's just not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts