• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc's Finally Available for Resale

abarker1

Just when I thought Prodigy was never going to release their discs to retailers, I got an email in the middle of the night saying that they were ready to ship (hopefully that means today). There are a limited number of these discs, but they should be available to retailers next week. If you want to make sure you are an owner of one of these coveted discs, here are some links for pre-order:

http://infinitediscs.com/prodigy-d4/
http://infinitediscs.com/prodigy-d1/

These discs will sell very, very fast.

What's the hype over these discs?

If you ask me it's another plastic company making discs that already do what they do. So what's "new" or "hyped"?

If you ask me unless they can manufacture a disc that goes straight for everyone at all skill levels, or a driver that goes 400' no matter your form flaws... Then what's the point to hype? What's the point of being excited? It's all out there it's all been done. Why do we need another company?

I was disappointed in how they preformed for me. I not some who throws 400+' but i was getting more distance with my wraith. After a few throws my D1 was getting nicks. D4 was slippery.

pask2155 said:
What's the hype over these discs?

If you ask me it's another plastic company making discs that already do what they do. So what's "new" or "hyped"?

If you ask me unless they can manufacture a disc that goes straight for everyone at all skill levels, or a driver that goes 400' no matter your form flaws... Then what's the point to hype? What's the point of being excited? It's all out there it's all been done. Why do we need another company?
Latitude and Discmania have made some magnificent new discs in the last few years(river, fuse, striker, flow, FD, PD, etc.) Who's to say that any new manufacturer COULDNT revolutionize the industry with a new blend of plastic or a disc that does what one of the zillion molds out there already does, but does it better and/or easier.

you go ahead and be content with what you throw and we'll continue to find new ways to lower our scores. :D

I have yet to see a disc that flies the same down and headwind so lets say i'm dubious of some of the claims i've heard. It would be nice if that is true for anything more than a hares fart.

JR said:
I have yet to see a disc that flies the same down and headwind so lets say i'm dubious of some of the claims i've heard. It would be nice if that is true for anything more than a hares fart.

Yes, of course this is impossible, it goes against the laws of physics, who ever claims it or believes it has not thought about it enough.

abarker said:
...There are a limited number of these discs...

Apparently not, they've already injected several runs, and they're going to just keep printing them with first run stamps to milk it for all it's worth. I guess they think the stamp is what makes it first run, instead of it being the first run that makes it first run.

This is bad news for collectors. Just throw them!

The fade of the D4 looks to be pretty hard vs what i thought from the descriptions from others but it flips pretty much. Not very usable in tight spaces.

JR said:
The fade of the D4 looks to be pretty hard vs what i thought from the descriptions from others but it flips pretty much. Not very usable in tight spaces.

I imagine it'd work fine as a hyzer flipflat that requires fade, but that depends entirely on how predictable the turn will be. The snow needs to start melting so I can test these properly...should be receiving mine next week.

Just grabbed a D4 today at Next Adventure in Portland. They had stacks of D1's, D4's, and bunches of other goodies that have recently hit the market (Roc3's, Ghosts, Patriots, all the MVP discs, ect.)

Played a short course today (longest is 414), and never got a chance to throw it. Heading out to the field tonight tho.

Threw both the D1 and D4 today. Plastic is nice and grippy especially when wet. D4 has a ton of high speed turn and needed some height to work. Not a remarkable disc in my opinion but may try rolling it. D4 would flip up flat for me, glide well and then finish hard. We will see if it makes the bag. Funny thing is I almost did not pick up a D1 because they market them as for the big arm and I really only have 340-370 golf distance.

Tried my D4 out yesterday, it flips surprisingly little, about 20 degrees at full steam, was expecting a lot more turn and put tons of initial hyzer to it and it ended up not flipping flat. Seems like a nice disc, like the plastic, but most likely won't put it in my bag.

Latest posts