• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy equivalent to Mako/Mako3?

BHock87

I'm looking to build a Prodigy bag and am wondering what is the closest thing to Innova Mako/Mako3. I'm thinking maybe and Overstable M4, or a beat in 300S M3.

Nothing really, closest will be a stable M4 and that's going to be close to the Mako3 - nothing like a Mako though.
I mean, an A4 is a slower straighter approach disc but that is really not much like a Mako or Mako3 at all.

750 M4 was pretty dang close to a Mako3 when I last tossed one, something like 4 years ago.

OK. Nice to know I was on the right track. Thanks

If youre only looking at Prodigy that's still my answer but if youre on the look for similar discs or whatever - I try almost all brands and many discs so I can compare/contrast a lot of stuff - I give an honest opinion and don't lean one way or another just because of brand, I like to keeps it real. But yeah Mako (original) is a unique disc and used to be one of my favorites, Im just using other things now, but I still have a couple OG Makos chillin'

Mako3 is a smooth slight US mid and really solid, but there are a lot of similar discs out there.

I threw a 300 M4 and it flew close to a mako until it hit a few trees and then not so much. I had a core team 400 M4 that if you put a touch of hyzer on it flew just like a mako, but thrown flat had more turn. I also had an M3 I threw for awhile that when I threw hard flew close to a mako3 but was more low speed stable. Also for feel the M4 is closest IMO.

Although the Mako3 and M4 may have somewhat similar stability, I've thrown both and used them differently. M4 seems faster and farther. Mako3 is a great straight helicopter landing touch disc. Both good discs. Maybe I didn't launch the Mako3 enough to compare properly but M4 one of longest mids I've tested. Pairs well with fast putters.