• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro's - Fewest discs in the bag - ratio

edism

We hear of Steve Rico and Dave Feldberg and the quantity of discs in their bag they carry.

My inquiring mind wants to to know who carries the fewest and is yet a top Pro.

You could look at it as who gets the highest ratio of disc to rating. For example a 1000 rated pro carry 30 discs would average a 1:33.33, a 1000 rated pro carrying 20 discs would have 1:50 ratio which would be higher on this scale.

Thank you

I usually carry between 14-20. Depending on the type of course. My normal everyday bag is 16-27

i carry 18 discs, and have multiple of different molds in different weights and plastics

Simon Lizotte carries the least from what I've seen in in the bag videos. Klimo also carries fewer molds than most it sems.

I know that Eric McCabe carries around 12-14 discs and in only a few molds depending on the tournament. Nolan Grider is a 1010 rated sponsored pro and gets around with less than 10 discs.

Nolan would have a 1:101 rating using 10 discs and 1010 rating.

I don't think Keith Warren carries a lot either.

I usually carry 14 but in my head I should be able to get by with 9. I am usually bouncing around at the 930 rating.

McCabe had a lot more than that in his last ITB.

Peter something or other on Discraft only carries a Revo Mini during competition. What is that, 10-12?

Dollar probably had 200 in his car at one point, picked a few and won a tournament with about 8. Philo dosent carry too many either, but that might be me being fooled by how few molds he throws. Might actually be a lot of discs.

I'm no top pro, more like a mediocre amateur; but I might be a contender on the discs/ratings ratio thing. I play around 900 rated golf with four discs. 1:225

I think what you are after here is the pro with the lightest Nutsac, ie. the space/sac ratio.
Seriously, though, I want to hear more about that Cheetah/Aviar dude. Are we sure it wasn't just a Gazelle and a mini? If there was ANY water out there that day, that constitutes a very low space/sac ratio!

We hear of Steve Rico and Dave Feldberg and the quantity of discs in their bag they carry.

My inquiring mind wants to to know who carries the fewest and is yet a top Pro.

You could look at it as who gets the highest ratio of disc to rating. For example a 1000 rated pro carry 30 discs would average a 1:33.33, a 1000 rated pro carrying 20 discs would have 1:50 ratio which would be higher on this scale.

Nolan would have a 1:101 rating using 10 discs and 1010 rating.

Lets all sing along!
One of these things is not like the other; one of these things just doesn't belong!

Last edited:
we are talking amount of discs and not number of molds correct?

Personally I would only want to know how many MOLDS a top pro is carrying. The overall count is meaningless to me. I remember Simon Lizotte's ITB and he was carrying only 7 molds I believe and talked about how he focuses on keeping his bag simple. I've tried very hard to do this and am at 9 molds. It's important to not take something out that is needed.

I don't think Nate Doss carries many either

Molds is a very good thing to discuss also.

What am I a missing on the sing along?
1000 / 30 = 33.33
1000 / 20 = 50
1010 / 10 = 101 My wording may of been off some but is the math wrong?

The ratio isn't of great significance. There's not enough difference, percentage-wise, in ratings. You could get pretty much the same answer, with just the raw number of discs or molds (whichever you're counting), with ratings as a tiebreaker.

Molds is a very good thing to discuss also.

What am I a missing on the sing along?
1000 / 30 = 33.33
1000 / 20 = 50
1010 / 10 = 101 My wording may of been off some but is the math wrong?

Hah, I saw it wrong. Thought it was 1.33 1/3, 1.50, and 1.101, instead of :. Sorry!

I'm making an edumacated guess that Dave Feldberg might have the smallest ratio, since he carries at least 2 of about 15-20 discs, at any given point, not to mention molds. I'd venture Dave's might be 1:30 maybe 1:25.