• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pure distance fh disc

gianetics

Birdie Member
i want to work on raw fh distance. i have had good success with a 175 star katanna (flat top), 162 star wraith(bubble top), 175 star boss(ft),172 z nuke, and a 174 esp nuke. i want a pure distance disc to hyzerflip. i am looking for something from 164-171gm. i have a 167 pro boss with a bubble top on hold at work. i am also considering a 165 +or- pro destroyer. A dga hurricane has also crossed my mind. suggestions please, this is a distance first accuracy second disc.

can you explain more of what you mean by "pure"

an ESP Surge comes to mind after seeing how Jeremy Koling throws one with such finesse and control.

"pure" accuracy not needed! i want to throw as far as i can with no "target".

"pure" accuracy not needed! i want to throw as far as i can with no "target".

This is not the most useful strategy to play disc golf.....

However how about a Star Destroyer. Make sure its a flat top, the domey ones are overstable. Maybe an ESP Nuke Pro Destroyer if you are looking for something a little flippier

I like a Force for some stupid long but totally inaccurate forehands.

I have a speed demon I'll send you for five bucks :|
I would also recommend a light Lat 64 river around 160g

I throw Star Destroyers for max distance FH shots. My typical range is 350 - 425 with them, with my best in the 450 - 475 range. I prefer the domey ones, but that's probably because I used to throw Xcalibers.

My best results so far have been with a mid sixties weight Starlight Boss.

I have been throwing a mid sixties Champion Groove in place of the Boss on some wide open holes, if you can get it to hook up, which is tough, it goes huge.

champ destroyer is my max d disc and i am mostly FH... make sure you have plenty of room for the glide back and skip though...

I think the discs you have been throwing are about as far as you are going to get... I use a Z Nuke or a Star Katana for my biggest FH drives... Have a champ Xcal that also goes pretty far but not quite as far... so I would stick with the discs you've been throwing

Latest posts