• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pushing out the Buzzz

JHBlader86

Eagle Member
I'm wanting to get rid of my Cyclone, and start using the Buzzz more for the slot of my versatile disc, so whats the best approach to push the Buzzz out further while still being accurate??

I think the best way to push anything further is to work on your form and increase your snap. Anything other than that is just fiddling.

The title to this thread presents the ultimate answer. The Buzzz is not a disc with a lot of float/low speed glide, so to push it harder, you've simply got to throw it harder. Beyond that, if you can throw a Buzzz 300' with under 10' of height, then you have the potential to throw it 350' with a little more height and a nose down flight. One thing about pushing the Buzzz...Once you are throwing 320+ the Buzzz really just wants to straighten out, so you really only want to push the Buzzz on straight lines rather than hyzers and anhyzers.

How far do you throw drivers? How far do you throw other mids?

Its a pretty common problem to not throw mids close to drivers but I find there isnt a huge difference between my control drivers and a Buzzz (maybe like 360' control drivers vs 340' buzzz) in terms of distance its usually a flight path preference as discspeed pointed out. And that nose down is key as well.

Also it could just be you arent throwing it like you would to throw your drivers far? If you lay into your drivers lay into your Buzzz see where it goes. If your buzzz is shooting right on you (RHBH) you probably have some OAT problems. If you are throwing 350+' drivers but cant push the buzzz 300'+ you are probably babying it a little bit. Also as discspeed said if you arent throwing it 320'ish its going to fly a bit overstable and shorten you up a bit.

i know a guy who regularly throws his buzzz when i am pulling out a driver. i've seen him throw it at least 375. just hard and straight and maybe a bit higher than normal.

krik72 said:
How far do you throw drivers? How far do you throw other mids?

Its a pretty common problem to not throw mids close to drivers but I find there isnt a huge difference between my control drivers and a Buzzz (maybe like 360' control drivers vs 340' buzzz) in terms of distance its usually a flight path preference as discspeed pointed out. And that nose down is key as well.

Also it could just be you arent throwing it like you would to throw your drivers far? If you lay into your drivers lay into your Buzzz see where it goes. If your buzzz is shooting right on you (RHBH) you probably have some OAT problems. If you are throwing 350+' drivers but cant push the buzzz 300'+ you are probably babying it a little bit. Also as discspeed said if you arent throwing it 320'ish its going to fly a bit overstable and shorten you up a bit.

I throw my PD around 360-375 now, and the Buzzz between 300-320. I'm wanting to ultimately be able to push it out to 350'

to get it past 320 you either need more D than you currently have or a great nose down throw. if you can't get the distance, i'd say keep another disc in the bag like a stalker for just the 320 to 350 range rather than risking an errant throw. or improve your D/form. easy right? :)

Given that distance Im thinking just throw it a bit higher should = success.

The Buzz loves to be thrown hard, the harder the better. Especially in Z plastic. A friend of mine who plays intermediate throws his Z Buzz on a 424' hole while I throw a Wraith. It's 20' down hill but still... if he could only make a putt. bwuahahaha

LumberJack said:
The Buzz loves to be thrown hard, the harder the better. Especially in Z plastic. A friend of mine who plays intermediate throws his Z Buzz on a 424' hole while I throw a Wraith. It's 20' down hill but still... if he could only make a putt. bwuahahaha

I sound like your friend. I have been throwing my buzzz's more and my XL's less. The XL's aren't going anywhere though. They helix better and go further in low canopies, they also are my primary sidearm driver.