• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting dilemma or just a mental block?

RandyC

Birdie Member
Now I am a left eye dominant right handed player. I am pretty good at putting especially when practicing but more than I care to admit I lose the sight of the "line" in tournament play and tend to miss easy putts. Now this got me thinking and I finally drew a line to the basket and my natural instinct would be to line up my left leg on the line in a staggered stance. This would be an illegal stance since my right leg wouldnt be behind the lie and my left is too far behind the lie. If I line up my right foot to the target I pull the disc to the right quite often.

So when practicing I obviously dont use a mini and in a tournament play I have to line up in a way which is not comfortable to my eye sight. Could my theory be correct or just my mechanics messed up?

Use a mini when you practice. Throw it to a random spot and putt from there. Rinse. Repeat.

Or buy yourself an extra putter or two of the same type weight and color and never use a mini unless you are ob. You can either use them interchangeably or put a mark on one and use it exclusively for approaches.

I'd suggest trying to adjust your stance. Rotate your left foot a bit CCW for your mini stance.

Pay attention to your follow-through. If you are missing right a lot I am willing to bet your follow-through ends up right of the target. You might be able to keep your more comfortable stance and still take care of the problem by ensuring your follow-through points at the target.