• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Putting together a bulk rental fleet- mold input needed!

DoWork

Double Eagle Member
I'm currently shopping for another rental fleet for our course. The first run were various prodigy molds and plastics with our logo foil but we made the mistake of ordering distance drivers too. Most who rent are first timers or beginners, so we are really only looking @ a 3 set for each rental pack: fairway driver, midrange & putter. Giving them a distance driver is just asking for disappointment.

My first thought would be Leopard/Shark/Polecat, but I'd love to hear what peoples' thoughts or experiences are.

Fleet?... Ehh, I think you mean squadron.:thmbup:

I would think you would want a premi plastic for this, at least the drivers anyway? If so, just buy a couple Innova champion starter packs(Valk, Panther, Aviar) they come in 150s usually. Then maybe add a couple tbirds, leos, roc3s/Mako/Sharks and a couple random putter molds. A firebird or two might not be a bad idea, as there is always someone that starts out with a torque monkey FH...;)

170ish Classic Aviar (grid stamp), 170ish Shark or Buzzz, 165ish Pro Leopard, 170ish Champ Teebird. This should work well for beginners while also keeping more experienced players happy.

One course near me has loaner sets in two classes, beginner and intermediate. You could have a beginner set with something like Polecat/Meteor/Leopard and an intermediate/advanced set with something like Aviar/Buzzz/Teebird/Valkyrie/Wraith.

If you're getting custom stamps you could show each disc's intended flight pattern, Lightning-style. Maybe even include some basic throwing tips, like "Throw level, nose down."

I do like that combination of Leopard3, Panther, and Polecat. :) :thmbup:

Seriously, I like the idea of the Innova Champion starter pack set, though the Valk is a bit "upper end" for beginners. And if you want special stamped discs, then contacting Innova to see what discount you can get for a big bulk order would be a good idea, and you can get the discs you want. Maybe Leopard3s (or TLs), Sharks or Panthers, and Aviars...

Rentals will probably go to noobs who will want something they can throw straight. I would go:

max weight Mako3 because they fly straight even for a noob.

Avair there is a reason they are popular.

150 class Leopard so they can feel like they are throwing hard off the tee.

I agree with mrtho.

I like the combination of Classic DX Aviar, Champion Mako3, and Pro Leopard - but all a bit below max weight.

If the Champion plastic is too pricey, then go with a DX Roc3, at less than 170 gms.

Assume that you will have children and women, so get low profile putters. Polecats and Avairs are hard for people with small hands to throw.

Innova: Colt or Wedge; Mako 3; Leopard
MVP: Atom; Alais; Relay
Lat64: Pure; Fuse; Diamond or River
Discraft: Ringer; Squall; Mantis

Or mix and match from the above list if keeping a single producer isn't important.

...and yes I know that the Alais is Axiom and the Squall is DGA.

Last edited:
Assume that you will have children and women, so get low profile putters. Polecats and Avairs are hard for people with small hands to throw.

Innova: Colt or Wedge; Mako 3; Leopard
MVP: Atom; Alais; Relay
Lat64: Pure; Fuse; Diamond or River
Discraft: Ringer; Squall; Mantis

Or mix and match from the above list if keeping a single producer isn't important.

...and yes I know that the Alais is Axiom and the Squall is DGA.

Add to Innova for putter the Stud for those who wish to use a single disc.

We run rentals too and can second on using premi plastics. We got a dozen custom-stamp (seem dyed actually) sets from trilogy that we've been happy with: Pure-warship-river. All in gold line/tournament. They look and fly still just fine after 3 seasons.
For the next sets I might change warship to something bit more stable since it can get quite windy on our course; just so that there's atleast one disc holding up in the wind.

We run rentals too and can second on using premi plastics. We got a dozen custom-stamp (seem dyed actually) sets from trilogy that we've been happy with: Pure-warship-river. All in gold line/tournament. They look and fly still just fine after 3 seasons.
For the next sets I might change warship to something bit more stable since it can get quite windy on our course; just so that there's atleast one disc holding up in the wind.

Yeah for sure, the cheap dx-type plastics all look and fly beat while the gold/star/400g type and also the champ type plastics all still look and fly great. We will definitely be going that way. We are a tightly wooded course so durability is pretty key- also premium plastics are a really nice touch imo.

Thirtydirty I'd love to support local shops by emptying the used bin but we want our mountain logo on them. We hope to carry a selection of retail discs with our own foil and also use those discs as rentals to familiarize people with them and how they work. We have a ton of beginners here.

I put my inquiry in for the following:

20 star leos in the 150-mid 160s range
10 champ makos in mid 160s to low 170s
10 Star Rocs in the mid 160s to low 170s
20 Aviar Classics in the low 170s

Man, I wish they still had Classic Aviars available in Star plastic.

I was going to respond by saying that Classic Aviars were never made in Star plastic, but did some research to find out that these did exist at some point in time. The DX plastic is still a good choice, in my opinion.

I was going to respond by saying that Classic Aviars were never made in Star plastic, but did some research to find out that these did exist at some point in time. The DX plastic is still a good choice, in my opinion.

Oh the DX is fine and dandy. Just seeing that a star classic is real made me really want one for myself though. #nerdproblems

I put my inquiry in for the following:

20 star leos in the 150-mid 160s range
10 champ makos in mid 160s to low 170s
10 Star Rocs in the mid 160s to low 170s
20 Aviar Classics in the low 170s

I like this other than the Aviars. You may very well have issues with children and small adults.

I know a small petite woman whom will putt with a Roc as an Aviar does not fit her hand.

If the order is not final, I would suggest breaking the putter order in half and selecting half in a low profile design.

Latest posts