• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Q-Sentinel

peppermack

Double Eagle Member
So I posted my bag in the bag critique section and Dave and others were saying I am missing overstable type mid which I agree with. I am using Buzzz, and I think need something for those hyzer/windy days. I for some reason don't like Rocs, my hand just goes yuck. I have tried every overstable mid on the marshall street chart except the Sentinel. I like premium plastic discs so the Q-Sent seemed like the ticket. What are my DGR brethren thoughts on the matter. I have a little $$ in the paypal and might order one up this week if you all think it would work for me?

peppermack said:
So I posted my bag in the bag critique section and Dave and others were saying I am missing overstable type mid which I agree with. I am using Buzzz, and I think need something for those hyzer/windy days. I for some reason don't like Rocs, my hand just goes yuck. I have tried every overstable mid on the marshall street chart except the Sentinel. I like premium plastic discs so the Q-Sent seemed like the ticket. What are my DGR brethren thoughts on the matter. I have a little $$ in the paypal and might order one up this week if you all think it would work for me?
Unless you can find old san marino molds, don't go for it. The new WWW molds aren't really all that overstable.

riverboy said:
peppermack said:
Unless you can find old san marino molds, don't go for it. The new WWW molds aren't really all that overstable.

yeah from what i've read on here, they aren't what they used to be.

I've been there and done that with all the overstable mids over the years trying to find something that would work alongside my Buzzz. The old QSents were some of the best I tried. These days the Z Aftershock is probably the best around. Personally, I'd rather power down on an overstable slow driver or throw my Buzzz with hyzer.

Just force yourself to throw rocs until you get with the program :wink:

also yeah the new Q sents are really nothin special.

why not just power down on your overstable driver? usually with mids that are truly overstable you have to gun them as hard as you can to squeeze out that 250' or 300' when you could have just tossed a nice relaxed controlled throw with your FB/pred/XXX or whatever and gotten about the same line with added reliability and control, i know this contradicts the mantra of throwing the slowest thing you can reach it with but in the case of overstable discs i think its the wiser path

EDIT: fuckin discspeed :wink: , kinda beat me to the punch

If you're looking for a old mold San Marino Q-Sent, I got a dyed one for sale:
4471271085_2503697731_m.jpg

Jesse B 707 said:

why not just power down on your overstable driver? usually with mids that are truly overstable you have to gun them as hard as you can to squeeze out that 250' or 300' when you could have just tossed a nice relaxed controlled throw with your FB/pred/XXX or whatever and gotten about the same line with added reliability and control, i know this contradicts the mantra of throwing the slowest thing you can reach it with but in the case of overstable discs i think its the wiser path

I guess it is time to get a Pred or firechicken. I had a ESP Pred a couple of years ago that I liked, maybe I will get a couple more. Will a Pred or firebird work as well as my Max fo FH rollers? I hate carrying a disc for only one shot. If they would do the job then I would dump the Max. Also, what is the effective max range of a pred or firebird into a headwind, say 20mph.

peppermack said:
Jesse B 707 said:

I guess it is time to get a Pred or firechicken. I had a ESP Pred a couple of years ago that I liked, maybe I will get a couple more. Will a Pred or firebird work as well as my Max fo FH rollers? I hate carrying a disc for only one shot. If they would do the job then I would dump the Max. Also, what is the effective max range of a pred or firebird into a headwind, say 20mph.
yes they will work as good, that said ive thrown all 3 extensively and i HIGHLY recommend the XXX

EDIT: the XXX is probly the best FH roller disc ive ever thrown, it tuns over sooooooo slooooooow

i agree with jesse. unless you wanna hunt down some yummy 11xfbs and pay a lil more than youd like. id suggest a flat xxx man. those are the next best thing to good fb's.,a lil bit longer and damn consistant.

I had 2 XXX, and for some reason I did not like them. Up here at 5000' they are ridiculously overstable. They do not flatten out, ever. I have a good FH (350+) and I could not get them to go anywhere. But if I think of them as a Mid maybe I can wrap my mind around it.

Jesse B 707 said:

I followed that thread over on dgcr about powering down on your xxx or whatever instead of reaching for the drone and have been experimenting with just that over the last few weeks. Today there was a stiff wind between 20-30mph and I found that, while I had to be a bit more careful not to show the bottom to the wind with the drone, I was getting better results with it overall over my xxx. I just couldn't get the right power on the xxx for a mid type shot and always ended up hyzering out way short.

I don't really throw it much, but when I do need it, the z drone is $$. I do also use it for short fh's to get out of trouble as well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yeah you're right, cuz you couldnt figure out how to do it in a couple weeks it must be the wrong way to go :wink:

peppermack said:
I had 2 XXX, and for some reason I did not like them. Up here at 5000' they are ridiculously overstable. They do not flatten out, ever. I have a good FH (350+) and I could not get them to go anywhere. But if I think of them as a Mid maybe I can wrap my mind around it.
do eeeeeet

Latest posts