• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quattra's bag

Quattra

I am mainly RHBH player, but I started this hobby by using RHFH. So Im consistent forehand player too. For this summer I want to have more distance with RHBH. Can you give me some tips for making my bag better... Im throwing about 330 feets.

Drivers:
Discraft ESP Avenger 173g <-For windy days
Discraft ESP Avenger SS 173g <-Main driver
Discmania S-Line TD Rush 172g <-Seasoned
Westside Discs Northman 173g <- Seasoned
Discwing Quarter K 2 174g <-Seasoned, very understable

Fairway:
Discraft ESP XL 173g

Midrange:
Discraft ESP Wasp 172g <-Main midrange
Discraft FLX Drone 173g <-For windy days

I tend to have too much snap for midrange discs (or my technic just sucks). Thats why I have chosen overstable ones.

Putter:
Discmania S-Line P1 175g

Doesn't look too bad, but I'd suggest adding a couple more discs to your mid/fairway arsenal.
Assuming that XL is pretty straight, I'd recommend something a little more understable (maybe a Leopard) and then something more overstable (Eagle-X or Teebird).
It probably isn't too much snap for your mids, but more of a form issue. In that case, I'd probably recommend a Comet to fix some of those issues. Then a more understable mid might do you well. Maybe a Meteor or beat up a Roc or something.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah XL is quite straight for me. I have thought adding Xpress for understable fairway discs to my lineup. Teebird wouldn't hurt also.

In fact I got Discmania P-Line Fiend MD2 but it feels too flippy for me. How does Comet/Meteor compare to that?

If you're throwing 330' then you don't have too much power for midranges - it's a technique thing.

I like the idea of adding a Teebird and Xpress for control shots.

According to JUFC the Fiend lines up with the Comet/Meteor group. IIRC it's Shark wing/anhyzer top but not 100% on that. I think a Comet or Fuse would be a good disc to learn finesse if that's what you want in your game. Those discs aren't just about being understable but also about learning a different style of throwing (finesse'd vs. all out rip).

I haven't thrown the Xpress, but I might advise adding a River for the understable fairway slot.

Thanks for great answers. I will definately get Comet to support my current midrange lineup.

For fairway Im still searching for alternatives. Then I will test them how they feel in my hands...

Btw. Should I go for heavier or lighter Comet?

Seems like Comet isn't available at ESP plastic, only Pro D and Z. Meteor is available in ESP. I personally like ESP over Z. So Meteor is much like Comet but little more understable and faster?

The Comet is stable, while the Meteor is understable and faster. Both have good glide. If you get a Comet, get it in Z.
:thmbup:

Comets come in Elite-X as well, which may be a good substitute for ESP. It's more grippy and has a little more glide than in Z. I'd suggest something in the high 160's.

I can't say much about a Meteor, but people here will tell you that a Comet will reveal some of your form flaws. Strong-arm it or unintentionally put some anny on it and it will turn and burn. With smooth, clean form and good snap, a Comet will glide dead straight forever. Once you get your throw perfected, you should be able to use it for understable duties as well as perfectly stable. Your new technique will also translate well to your other discs, so you'll be able to get those drivers out further without turning them over.

Comets do come in ESP, you just have to hunt for them b/c they are OOP, just like ESP Wasps. I'd go as heavy as possible if you're used to flipping mids. According to Joe's UFC you're Northman and XL are pretty similar. Other than that, you're bag looks pretty solid.

It does sound like you have some OAT to work out since you're having trouble with mids. If you want to help increase your D, your probably gonna have to learn how to throw a Comet, Fuse, Qms, MD2, etc as far as you are getting your fairway drivers right now.

Ok, got my new discs. Now my lineup looks like this:

Drivers:
Discraft ESP Avenger 173g
Discraft ESP Avenger SS 173g
Discraft Z Nuke 173g <- Just testing, I know my hand isnt enough for it so ignore it. :p
Discmania S-Line TD Rush 172g
Discwing Quarter K 2 174g

Fairway:
Discraft ESP XL 173g
Discraft Z Xpress 168g
Innova Star TeeBird 175g

Midrange:
Discraft Z Comet 175g
Discraft ESP Wasp 172g
Discraft FLX Drone 173g

Putter:
Discmania S-Line P1 175g

This is the final lineup for season 2011.

Ok, got some testing rounds in cold and snowy field with Comet.

Comet is quite unique disc what comes to its flight. It has virtually no fade at all. Thats why its quite easy to flip. Its all about technic. I threw it about twenty times and noticed that if I put too much power to my throw it will flip. With no power at all I went like 200 feets EASILY. And that was dead straight.