• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question about a correct push off with back foot

weedjj

Bogey Member
Hey all,

I was in the body gear forum researching new shoes when I read a thread that got me thinking. I have worn out my old merrils by wearing a hole on the right side of my left shoe beside my big toe. I throw RHBH and I always thought that was just where my foot pivots and didnt give much thought about it. However, when I look at other peoples shoes, I seldom see wear in the same place and it sounded from one guy talking about the other foot throwing sidearm that I may have a case of toe drag. Is this more the case, or is this a normal place to wear out a shoe? If I am not getting a correct push off, what can I do to fix it? I just dont want to go drop some money on a nice pair of shoes again if I am going to blow them out on the side of the toe again. Thanks!

The hole is probably from dragging your foot, that's pretty normal, but may be a sign of not getting your weight forward properly. if you kick off with the side of your toe, something is wrong :) try kicking your foot up like Beto in the right pec drill video.

I think a lot of people unconsciously drag their back foot after the hit to give themselves a little balance

Latest posts