• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] R-Pro Plastic

jwk0522

I have yet to get to use the new R-Pro Plastic on anything but the Dart, which I wasn't very impressed by. I have heard that the R-pro midranges tend to turn over and be a tad unpredictable. I am considering the R-pro Boss but I have not heard much about them, can anyone tell me of any success with the R-pro plastic or are they as unpredictable as I have heard?

I have the R-Pro Aviar Putt and Approach (no bead) in 170 and 171 grams, and the R-Pro Boss in 140g, 150g, and 161g. I love the Aviars. They are really soft but hold form well and putt really straight. I love soft putters anyway.

The Boss' are weird. They are all are unstable, flip over easily more so with the lighter ones. The 161 flys straight with a little hyzer release and glides a long way. I like over stable stuff so this will be in my bag for turnover and tunnel shots, and uphill. Never into the wind though! Nice glide.

R-Pro is the worst plastic I've ever seen a company try to pass off. It has terrible durability, worse than Lightning base plastic. The putters bounce out like they were made of Superballs. The mids and drivers flip over like a cheerleader after Homecoming. It is terrible, terrible stuff.

R-Pro is the worst plastic I've ever seen a company try to pass off. It has terrible durability, worse than Lightning base plastic. The putters bounce out like they were made of Superballs. The mids and drivers flip over like a cheerleader after Homecoming. It is terrible, terrible stuff.

well said....save your money!!

I have an R Pro Aviar and I have missed serveral birdies now because it jumped off the chains. I would take the same shot with my dx aviar P&A DX and wow it stuck.... I am having a hard time trying to justify keeping this floppy turd in my bag.

I bought a couple of the R-Pro Aviars, but I'm still using my regular DX ones. I do see quite a few folks trying them out though.

The R-Pro Dart? Well, would someone explain to me again what this disc is supossed to do besides get carried away by a 10 MPH breeze and miss the basket entirely.

I drove my R-Pro Aviar the other day at about 90% power. It hit a tree about 20' up the trail(yeah, bad drive) It was awesome to see it touch edges and bounce back, like 3' in front the teepad. It looked like nothing happened to it :D I hate driving with it and i still putt with my JK but that was very entertaining

I guess I'm the only one that loves the R-pro Dart. For me this thing is extremely accurate within 175 ft. The grippy plastic really helps me in the DFW heat and humidity. I actually have two, one I use for a mid and the other to put.

I have two R-Pro Aviars, and guess where they are? Brand new still sitting in my trunk waiting for some n00b to come along.

I am eager however to throw some 135g-150g R-Pro Boss'!

My father-in-law loves his dart, so your not alone Johnny. I just prefer the stiffer feel of the JK but i do putt with the R-Pro everyonce in a while..

anyone interested in a 175 (i think) red r-pro dart? every time i try to throw it, i'm reminded of why i normally throw a roc or wizard for shorter range shots...

I have an R Pro Aviar and I have missed serveral birdies now because it jumped off the chains. I would take the same shot with my dx aviar P&A DX and wow it stuck.... I am having a hard time trying to justify keeping this floppy turd in my bag.

I have noticed the bounce outs in practice as well. I like it for uphill approaches though and thats the only time I really use mine. It tends to stick better and not roll like my dx versions.