• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Innova Gorgon

mostlynorwegian

Tosser with plastic
The newest addition to Innova's 10 speed distance driver line up.
Comes in Star, G-star, and Pro plastics in 165-175 gram options
Two slightly different flight numbers for a single disc. Because, Different plastic flies different.
10, 6, -3, 1 G-star, and domier top
10, 6, -2, 1 Star, and pro with less dome to slightly flat.
Fairway feel, distance driver distance.

A friend of mine nearing 60 says this got him out near 400. He hasn't seen that kind of distance since his 20s. I just got mine in the mail an hour ago. I'm 52 and hurt all over with a bad hip and back, so I'll report back once I get a few throws in tonight once it drops below 100.

I threw one twice the other day while I made my Innova sponsored buddy throw my PA5- nose feels weird in the hand- kind of blunt. Flight was nothing radically different from a lot of other discs on the market- went a ways then turned left.

I'm 53, with more broken bones acquired in the last three years than the previous forty eight of them. I've rebuilt my game from breaking a collar bone a year ago. I like how they feel in the hand. A bit more meat to hold. These things GO, and hold what they get put on really well. And the g-star is just that slight bit more understable enough to make pairing them worth the initial investment on them. The five rounds I've put on them have (mostly) been really good scores for me. Off the tee. I've been extremely impressed with what they have been returning for more. Great (surprisingly) controllable distance, and accuracy. I can point any errors they gave me in flight to user, and wind. They've been a big part of some of the best scoring rounds for me at the courses I know by hitting most every thing I give them. The rest of the stuff is learning which to use.
Adjusting to my more injured body, I'm presently mostly backhand outside of 225-250', so I haven't really given these things much work outside of bh with them. They feel good for a fh, however. So I look forward to learning them with some field work.
With what they have shown so far.
They were easy for everyone I gave in my group to be impressed by. At least one of them is now a new owner of one.
They are definitely (both) in my bag for the foreseeable future, and may just be able to get a few molds out.
In the distance category, so far. I got the star out to about 380' on a downhill. Haven't gotten a good rip on the G-star yet.

Last edited:
I just came back from PIAS and the practice field. They only had Pro available, not a fan of Pro plastic, they've always been too flimsy for me. But went ahead and picked one up too get a feel on how they fly. Spent about 30 minutes with it and a Neutron Crave with a calm wind 7 to 10 mph. Nice turn fading back, a few sustained turns. And a few turns into the ground. Better distance into a headwind, than downwind. Didn't see distance separation from the Crave until towards the end. the Pro plastic would likely not do well for me in 20 mph plus wind, and get crushed in 30 plus by the end of the year. The Star Plastic would do better for me, and gstar for the winter.

As aging, aches and pains started creeping in this past winter I think the Gorgon should be a good pick up with my other 10 speeds VIP Northman and Horizon Nordic. I'm looking ahead, lining up lower speeds after a poor showing this past wind season with 13 and 14 speeds, those have been traded in.

Just got a couple protos in the other day, havent thrown them yet. I currently bag 3 orcs from very OS to flippy, and a couple beasts, Im thinking this will fit in the flippy orc section if I ever have to retire it or lose it.