• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] R-Pro

I'd recommend throwing the R-Pro Boss only if there is absolutely no chance of hitting anything besides soft grass. That being said it does fly really far.

I picked up an R-Pro Aviar in 168g. Nice complement to my DX Aviar that I've putted with for years. It really seems to grip the chains when you hit them. It feels great in my hand - nice and grippy.

Pulling out the AED and reviving this thread so I don't have to start a new one.

I've looked at my local shop and haven't found any R-Pro plastic (putters specifically). I'm wondering what it would compare to.

Just for reference, is it really soft like a Soft Magnet? Or is it closer to the soft X plastic of an APX? [I figured since it's R-PRO it's a softer Pro plastic, like the soft X.

Or maybe it's something completely unlike any other plastic.

Is R-pro actually less durable than DX? cuz from what i've heard on here it seems that way. I've never thrown anything in it.

I'd say R-Pro holds up a fraction better than DX. It doesn't scar as easy and is less likely to warp because of it's softness.

I'd say R-Pro holds up a fraction better than DX. It doesn't scar as easy and is less likely to warp because of it's softness.

That seems true for mids and putters, the r-pro drivers are significantly less durable than dx.

I'll have to take your word on it because throwing a floppy driver seems ludicrous to me, and thus I've never used a R-Pro driver.

R-Pro is only good for the Rhyno in my opinion. I had an R-Pro Dart and just had to get rid of it. I would like to try an R-Pro Roc though, but it would probably turn to a flippy POS after an introduction to a few trees....

just got a R-pro pig and cro this week. Very soft, and a little floppy but I like the feel of them...too busy to hit the course yet so i'll add more better info later..

Pulling out the AED and reviving this thread so I don't have to start a new one.

I've looked at my local shop and haven't found any R-Pro plastic (putters specifically). I'm wondering what it would compare to.

Just for reference, is it really soft like a Soft Magnet? Or is it closer to the soft X plastic of an APX? [I figured since it's R-PRO it's a softer Pro plastic, like the soft X.

Or maybe it's something completely unlike any other plastic.

There's also a hydra putter that only comes in the R Pro (it's a floater like the Dragon/Wahoo) my local shop had 3 tonight when I went in there one stark white 1 white with a mix of pink just on the rim it seemed (natural beauty maybe, but not streaks, just pink shade to the rim) and a yellow one with a few small red spots in it. all in the 170 range. Took all I could do not to walk out with one of them for my bag but I'm still trying to stay with the Vibram putters. really thick comfy rim though ;-)

I'll have to take your word on it because throwing a floppy driver seems ludicrous to me, and thus I've never used a R-Pro driver.

:)

Innova uses two different rubber pro mixes.
The R-Pro driver plastic used in the Boss and Wahoo is very stiff, similar to Dx, only with a more tacky grip. Tackier than regular Pro plastic.

Putters and mids use a softer rubber pro mix, much more gummy and flexible.
Still not Blowfly/Woodchuck/Vibram Soft taco floppy, stiffer than that, but still nice and flexible.

I think an R-Pro Boss, with its rough surface, up against a regular, more glossy Pro version in the same weight, should fly farther.

I love the feel of all the R-Pro discs, they are great in any weather where you need a nice tacky grip.
I wish I wanted a new putter, because the R-Pro Aviars out right now feel like money in my hand, same with the Pigs and the Darts, all have a great feel.