• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ram vs Demon

Slowhand

Bogey Member
I'm having trouble finding flight characteristics for the Ram. How does it compare to the Demon?

I have a few 180 Rams from PIAS used bin. I've never touch a Demon. I have flight characteristics for the Demon, but not the Ram.

I think the Ram is more overstable with less glide. Most people here have never thrown one.

Timko said:
I think the Ram is more overstable with less glide. Most people here have never thrown one.

I actually thought it was the complete opposite...The large diameter Ram glides a little more than the small diameter Demon, which finishes faster. They are both equally overstable, but I found the Ram easier to throw because it seemed to fly better at a range of speeds where the Demon must always be punched to work.

discgolfstore.com said:
The Ram is an over stable disc that is reliable for hook shots and very windy conditions. This disc has been discontinued by Innova, so grab one while they're still around.

Features:

# Speed: 6
# Glide: 3
# Stability: 1
# Fade: 3

http://www.discgolfstore.com/Ram-DX-Out-of-Print-p-2892.html

I'm gonna go with Timko on this one. It's OOP overstable dx. Unless you have a life time supply or are married to the the mold, find something more readily available or in a longer lasting plastic. I had a ram and it was nothing special.

jsun3thousand said:
discgolfstore.com said:
The Ram is an over stable disc that is reliable for hook shots and very windy conditions. This disc has been discontinued by Innova, so grab one while they're still around.

Features:

# Speed: 6
# Glide: 3
# Stability: 1
# Fade: 3

http://www.discgolfstore.com/Ram-DX-Out-of-Print-p-2892.html

I'm gonna go with Timko on this one. It's OOP overstable dx. Unless you have a life time supply or are married to the the mold, find something more readily available or in a longer lasting plastic. I had a ram and it was nothing special.
The Ram will be a speed 6 disc right after monkeys fly out of my ass. It was nowhere near as fast as a Gazelle or Cheetah.

Demon, Ram...both crazy über-overstable discs you shouldn't mess with unless you have a CANNON. I don't so I could not get either to do anything resembling a golf shot. I would have to agree with discspeed that in theory the large diameter Ram should be slower with a bit more glide than the faster, small diameter Demon. However, saying a disc has more glide than a Demon is like saying your date is hotter than Rosie O'Donnell.

I have thrown both discs a few times, but not enough to really say for sure. However, I have a contingent of old disc golf buddies back in MI who all use the Ram for some funny reason. They almost all will put one in the basket now and again from 150-200' on a spike type shot. It definitely has some slow glide. It is not any faster than a Roc really. I've then also seen JohnE and all his Gateway minions down here throw a lot of Demons. The Ram holds its line longer, and the Demon (when anywhere close to new) takes some anny to fly straight.

If you want something that flies like a Ram but is still produced, you might want to look into the Drone.

The Demon is useful for players that don't throw forehand very often, so they can carry a disc they know won't turn over and is grippy in plenty of conditions. Or some shorter approaches through trees might have an S curve line you can hit more easily with a Demon, than throwing straight.

I didn't find the Ram as easy to grip personally.

the RAM was a fun disc to mess around with but rarely practical. most overstable disc i've thrown

Latest posts