• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RANT

Jkosk

Double Eagle Member
So since I have a membership to my local pay to play, I have made that my homecourse. it seems a lot of the less-honest disc golfers seem to all be attracted a free 9hole course close by. well today I played on the free course, long downhill blind anhyzer shot. I threw my beat z xpress (probably my most versatile disc I have ever owned. loved it) it held the line and popped out right at the end. faded just into the left tree line.

so I approach the shot and all of a sudden

someone jumps out of the trees and yells, "Fuck you! you hit me!" (I didn't know he was in there, he must have been in there before I approached the tee) with MY xpress in his hands, flicks me off- and hammers my Xpress high over the tree line and way into the woods.

I looked for nearly 35 minutes and never found it. that was my 2nd disc I had ever owned and it meant a lot to me. if I wasn't preoccupied with finding my Xpress I would have found where that little shit ran off to and killed him. that leaves such a big hole in my bag, too. understable drivers I have, confidence like I had in that Xpress, I do not.

What the hell is wrong with some people? that will be the LAST time I EVER play that course.

shittayyyyyyy.

dude. thats just not cool. sucks if you hit some1 but man...

(not to nitpick, but definately yell 'all clear' if theres ever a chance of someone being there)

the guy must have been there for a long time. this was the 3rd hole- and when I got there and teed off hole 1, there was nobody ahead of me- and you can see all the way to the 3rd tee.

I'm not saying it will show anybody that I dont go. I'm just saying that it is a shame that I, and others, avoid a course just because people have to be complete assholes.

I wanna totally side with you on this, but honestly if someone hit me where they could SEE me, that's exactly what I'd do with their disc unless it was some killer drive that WAY overshot the pin or something.

If you couldn't see him, then yeah he's kind of a douche - especially if he obviously wasn't just a hole ahead of you or something.

Sorry if I steal the thread here, but I had a somewhat similar thing happen on my home course.

3 friends and I were playing at Dolese and we get to the 11th hole. We hadn't seen anyone in front of us(at hole 8 we can see the next 3 holes, and no one was there). We get to hole 11, starts out in the open and the basket is in the woods. We see someone walking around down there so we wait for a second, and then he waves for us to throw. I pulled out my FLX pred and threw a scooby. It looks like a good shot, probably within 20' of the basket, one of my friends said he saw it land and it looked like I was parked. Then the guy starts walking around by where we saw my disc land which worried me, so I ran up ahead of my friends to check the situation out and make sure nothing happened. I get up there and can't see my disc. The guy said he saw it(asked if I threw a blue one, so he knew the color, obviously saw the disc), claimed it hit a tree and shot way off to the right(which isn't possible with a scooby, it was coming straight down so it could not have flown off that way). I look around more and wave my friends to go ahead and throw so I have some backup. He keeps telling me my disc flew way off where it couldn't have gone and I look for it there just in case.

Back on the tee my friends threw, one of whom thew a blue Xcal that he had bought that day. After their shots landed I went and looked at them, and saw my buddy's XCal sitting in a bush, having seen it I walked off figuring he would pick it up. We all continue to look for my disc, which should be in the open near the basket but is nowhere to be seen. I ask the guy again if he knew where it was and he said he never saw it(contrary to what he had said earlier). At this point I'm getting very suspicious. I finally give up after 10-15 minutes of looking and as we go to grab my buddy's Xcal it's vanished from where I last saw it. I knew exactly where I had seen it, but it was no longer there, and none of my friends picked it up.

At this point the guy who we suspected of thievery and his friend went to the next hole. We went to the next hole and asked them if they had the discs, or knew where they were. They both said they hadn't, and showed us the discs they had(they had no bag, so we couldn't check that). We ask a few more times and they start getting very defensive. They were both wearing hoodies(in 90 degree weather) so one of my friends asks them to lift up their shirts to prove they didn't take the discs. they refused at first but eventually showed us and they didn't appear to have any discs on them. My friend accuses them again and at this point they get angry and try and start a fight. After much yelling a group of regulars at the course walk up and chase the guys away. After talking the regulars they said the saw the guys earlier in their round, and they attempted to steal one of their discs in the fairway(which reinforces our idea that they took our discs).

After all of this my friend and I are both down a disc, and have no real proof that the guys took them other than situational evidence. Fast forward a week and I show up with the same friends at the course and see one of the two guys we suspect stole our discs. One of my friends(who lost the XCal) confronts him and asks what discs he's throwing, he shows us all but one disc, my friend asks to see it and it's his blue XCal. The guy, with his girlfriend, immediately walk off the course(with my friends Xcal still in hand) and leave.

It was reassuring to know that they actually did steal our discs(and they didn't just magically vanish) but the situation is just so shitty. The guy was obviously just waiting there for us to throw so he could take our discs, and they covered it up the whole time. We still don't know what the did with the discs when the took them, as they didn't have the discs on them. We imagine that they put them in the woods somewhere and came back for them later. Thankfully these guys haven't been seen around the park since, and hopefully we won't see them there again. I just hope that we're the only people they've done this to(though it's doubtful). I still miss my flx pred(best scooby disc ever).

Maybe its just me and my red-head temper but I would have clocked the guy who threw the disc over the tree-line, whether I accidentally hit him or not, there's no excuse in my eyes for that shit.

As for the guys stealing discs, if I had proof I would have never let him walk off with my discs without taking them back. Those punks need some disc golfer justice!

SkaBob said:
I wanna totally side with you on this, but honestly if someone hit me where they could SEE me, that's exactly what I'd do with their disc unless it was some killer drive that WAY overshot the pin or something.

If you couldn't see him, then yeah he's kind of a douche - especially if he obviously wasn't just a hole ahead of you or something.

I had absolutely no idea he was there. and I don't see how it could have hit him that hard. it had lost all it's speed and began to fall of to the left. It certainly wasn't spiking downward or anything. all I saw was it take the anny around the corner- the through the branches (kind of a blind anny like I described) I saw it fall off left into the treeline on the left of the fairway.

his jumping out yelling when I was walking up actually startled me, I actually jumped a little.

I dunno. I've been hit before- I didn't react like a child and whip the guys disc where he can't find it.

I am a noob but dude your are blame free. I have never met a DGer who would deliberately throw at someone. We all know what these thing are capable of and almost all DGers are cool peaceful folks who would never hurt someone on purpose. That guy was both a shitty golfer, a pussy and a douche and sucked at locating his drive. If I had an Xpress I would give it to you but I don't.
Billy

-what did the thieves look like?
I will keep an eye out for them.

-if you couldn't see the dude and he had been there for a while he was probably ticked that he lost his disc and took it out on you. people need to learn to control themselves.

I have my moments and I will own up to that phrase; but it is all for you to use and share. Maybe a DGR T shirt?
"Don't be a SGrPsyDch..........and don't putt like Bitches either. (even with a cheetah/aviar hybrid).
If you ain't got Diskarma you will never birdie shit!
B

ZAMson said:
that guy was both a shitty golfer, a pussy and a douche
t-shirt, poster, bumpersticker, script, campaign slogan, album title, billboard, and headline quality

ZAM, you and I have got to play a round some day. It's like we share a brain.

JR said:
DigIt said:
ZAMson said:
that guy was both a shitty golfer, a pussy and a douche
t-shirt, poster, bumpersticker, script, campaign slogan, album title, billboard, and headline quality

ZAM, you and I have got to play a round some day. It's like we share a brain.

So Zam got the artistic side and you the logic?
I got everything Junior!
It's just that I'm moderately modest about my brilliance.

Latest posts