• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] RDG Gila: Overstable Mid

i tried the prophecy,it is a good mold, i just have 2 gilas in the bag and i know them much better so they stayed and the prophecy didnt fill the mid i needed to replace. if i was in the market to revamp my mids,id consider the prophecy but the heavy and llight weight gilas are a good compliment to eachother. 2 gilas and 2 buzzzes atm.

Something goofy happened with the PDGA approval. The Gila is most definitely a wide diameter disc.

You should get this fixed. I was about to pull the trigger on a half dozen gilas because I want a speed 5 small diameter mid. I would have been a very unhappy customer.

Even if the pdga specs are wrong at least get your retailers to fix it.

Do the Fossil Gilas ever beat up to a point where they become a true turnover disc? I haven't thrown the one I got enough to see any turn but I'm curious if I could replace my Roc cycle with it. My most beat DX Roc will turn all the way to the ground with height and power.

I have an early run fossil that has beat in to have solid turn. On a slight hyzer it'll pop up and coast right until it hits the ground.

I finally got some stamp time in and got some more Fossil Gilas up on the site! DGCR discount code is still active to take 10% off your order.

Do the Fossil Gilas ever beat up to a point where they become a true turnover disc? I haven't thrown the one I got enough to see any turn but I'm curious if I could replace my Roc cycle with it. My most beat DX Roc will turn all the way to the ground with height and power.

I have a beat to snot Gila from when we first ran them and I use them as my turnover shot. I'll get some video of it on various lines this weekend.

Fot my first Gila today. I got it from a DGCR trade. I'm not gonna lie, I made the trade for niche market value down the road a bit. But you know I( an avid prophecy thrower) had to fove this bad boy a couple of rips. It says 5/4/0/3 are the flight numbers, but this thing us friggin fast man fsst outta the hand and fast in the air. More beef and a smidge less glide than my prophecy (not much less) its a Roc3 on steroids. Anyway good job RDG.

My messed up form makes this thing have a little turn. Doubles partner tonight threw it on a touch of hyzer and it never came out of it.

No turn for me. I couldn't see it turning if it wasn't made to turn(flex line). But who knows my baseline prophecies beat in to flip discs so i guess this one could also. Although, I wouldn't count on any turn from the Amber plastic (slightly more firm than Diamond plastic) good disc.

Fot my first Gila today. I got it from a DGCR trade. I'm not gonna lie, I made the trade for niche market value down the road a bit. But you know I( an avid prophecy thrower) had to fove this bad boy a couple of rips. It says 5/4/0/3 are the flight numbers, but this thing us friggin fast man fsst outta the hand and fast in the air. More beef and a smidge less glide than my prophecy (not much less) its a Roc3 on steroids. Anyway good job RDG.

Glad it's flying well for ya. The couple times I threw it was pretty darn beefy and fast. I just prefer a bit slower for mids cause I'll bump up to a Firebird if I need something more OS.

Glad it's flying well for ya. The couple times I threw it was pretty darn beefy and fast. I just prefer a bit slower for mids cause I'll bump up to a Firebird if I need something more OS.

Fast!! Yes sir, and thank you. Hop you enjoy the chally I got 3 CTPs with it.

That's a Sanny Sentinel feature. Back in the day we were of course throwing Rocs when the Sentinel came out. The thing looked and felt like a Cobra so no big deal right? Damn they were fast. You would be used to the Roc and BOOM the Sentinel would get out of there. Gila's are A LOT faster than I would have guessed. I picked it up, looked at the diameter and thought "Eh." It's got the pop, though.

I of course managed to tear up my back and arm so last fall I didn't really get to throw it. It's too overstable for for an old uncoordinated right hander throwing left handed standing straight up and down. :| I hope to be singing its praises this summer.

just picked up 2 more gilas from rdg, i'm really hoping to start a gila cycle. my other gila is warped to crap after hitting trees 10ft off the teebox. i'm looking forward to beating the snot out of it even more soon:D

ooooo hopefully some of the bright stuff theyve been pumping out. i recently saw some black zombie stuff that looked great. i get worried im going to lose my clear amber one day lol i can barely see it even when im watching it.

Latest posts