• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommend me a bag for Christmas!

Nasty Nate

Double Eagle Member
Season's greetings, DGCR. I am asking for a new disc golf bag for Christmas and I was hoping to get some good recommendations. Currently I have an Innova Standard bag that fell apart on me just as soon as I got it. I am looking to get a nice bag that holds 20 or so discs that will be strong and not fall apart. I will also be getting some shoulder straps for this.

Anyone care to pitch me some reliable disc golf bags? I have been looking online but there are so many bags out there I want to make sure I pick a good one.

Get a Grip while they're on sale for 176.00

Don't even think twice about the Salient Catalyst, grip is a proven commodity at an awesome price point. I will likely be selling my catalyst and getting a grip before the new years sale ends~

Get a Grip while they're on sale for 176.00

Don't even think twice about the Salient Catalyst, grip is a proven commodity at an awesome price point. I will likely be selling my catalyst and getting a grip before the new years sale ends~

for your 20 disc requirement, nothing will beat a 176$ grip. for that quantity that's your best option

So, do you want a duffel style, or a backpack? I bought my Karma for $100 used, in nearly new condition, and it'll hold 25 discs, an ipad, and a rainjacket. Plus two water bottles, my keys, wallet and phone.

Season's greetings, DGCR. I am asking for a new disc golf bag for Christmas and I was hoping to get some good recommendations. Currently I have an Innova Standard bag that fell apart on me just as soon as I got it. I am looking to get a nice bag that holds 20 or so discs that will be strong and not fall apart. I will also be getting some shoulder straps for this.

Anyone care to pitch me some reliable disc golf bags? I have been looking online but there are so many bags out there I want to make sure I pick a good one.

It really depends on your price point. If you want a mid level bag I've heard good things about the Dynamic Disc Ranger, although at this point with the Grip so inexpensive on sale it would be hard to pass that up. I've owned a Golf Mahal for years since it first came out and it's simply (in my opinion) the highest quality bag out there...but you are going to spend nearly $300 for it. If you want to go all out, No Excuses does custom bags (they are building mine right now) you are going to spend more but you get everything you want

I bought a Simian as an early Christmas present to myself. I've had it for a month now and damn am I pleased. It's amazingly quality. Plus, I love that it's not just made in the States, but handmade by a single guy who's been doing this for years now.

I'll have a hard time buying a bag that's not Gorilla Boy from here on out.

Here's a short video review of it (excuse the crappy quality, please).

I'd recommend a backpack bag but you seem to be leaning towards a more traditional one. No matter what bag you get I highly recommend Phenix Quag Shocks. I have owned a lot of back straps & the Quad Shocks are by far the best. As far as a bag go that hold around 20 discs I'd say go with the Voodoo Karma. As far as companies that make bags that aren't backpack style bags Voodoo & Gorilla Boy bags are by far the best. A good reason to go Voodoo is they're having a 40% off sale I believe. You get what you pay for so if your willing to spend the money on quality bags go Voodoo or Gorilla Boy. I've had quite a few bags & if your not set on a traditional bag I recommend getting a backpack bag they're way better than traditional bags with straps. The Grip A-Series bag is the best fisc bag I've ever owned.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, everyone! I am actually not quite sure if I want to do a backpack or a duffle bag now that I am thinking about it. I was trying to stay in a price range of something like $75 but seeing as this is the only thing I want for Christmas maybe it doesn't matter. I'm definitely going to spend the day looking at all these awesome DG bags :thmbup:

Nate,

Voodoo has a 40% off sale going on right now. You may want to jump on that if you decide to go with a traditional style bag.

The Grip is a wonderful bag. It's hard to beat at the price point right now, but if you don't want a backpack, the Voodoo is a solid way to go. The Karma would more than fit your needs.

Nate,

Voodoo has a 40% off sale going on right now. You may want to jump on that if you decide to go with a traditional style bag.

The Grip is a wonderful bag. It's hard to beat at the price point right now, but if you don't want a backpack, the Voodoo is a solid way to go. The Karma would more than fit your needs.
Thanks! These are the bags I am considering right now.

Nate,

I wish voodoo had stocked the supply before going on sale

I have a suspicion that is what the sale is for -- to clean our their current stock. It would have been really cool to have been able to pick up a Mojo or Spinal Tap on sale, but I think there's a reason they didn't restock beforehand.

I've spent the last few months going through all the threads in the bag section of the Forums.
Found out lots of interesting stuff.
Actually a lot of consensus on which bags are best for durability and space, customer service, etc
However, you have to determine what you need for space, storage, discs capacity and formfactor (backpack or duffle) and customer service/support.
After reading through a LOT of posts, I jumped on the Grip sale.

There's also a Target DIY Bag for around $25. My friend uses it and its quite comfortable, light and a backpack style.

I used the Fade Tournament w/ Quads all summer and it worked great for holding a lot or little amount of discs (Beer)!

I jumped on the 25% off Black Friday Voodoo sale and bought a Karma. Now it's 40% off for Christmas. Doh! Karma for $75 on the current sale is a really awesome deal.

Just as an example on disc space, the only 2 discs I put in my bag when testing it out for storage that were faster than speed 7 were a DX Sidewinder and a Z Flick. I put 40 discs in my bag. 20 in the main section, 4 in the putter pocket and 8 in each side pocket. This included about a dozen putts and everything else mids and fairways. 9 in each side pocket and you won't be able to zip shut. I'm not planning to stuff the sides like that unless I'm specifically loading up for field or putting work, but that gives plenty of room for hoodies, food, more water, discman w/cds and a speaker set, etc.

Hope you like purple b/c that's the only color Karma left. That was what I went with (didn't want red at the time) and it looks fantastic. If you want a backpack bag and more money is doable, I never hear negatives about the Grip, except people who don't like the new bigger silkscreening. Then again, I'm one of those people :)

At the $75 range, you could scoop a Fade Tourney Bag and some straps (I have DGA Gels, and love em). They are both in the 40ish range around the intrawebz right now.

Latest posts