• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommend me a bag for Christmas!

If you find that you need to stay around $75 then look at the Hyzerbomb Atomic bag.

The Hyzer Bomb site is down at the moment for updates, but when I was on their site yesterday the Atomic is listed as unavailable and I haven't seen anyone else selling it

If you can find one......a used DD Ranger - carries all you need , comfortable, and will last.

Well I decided to have the Voodoo at the top of my list since it was a good price and got good reviews. I also listed the Grip and Silverback under it just in case. I hope I can get one of these bags. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone :thmbup: I can't wait until this snow thaws and I can get out on the course!

I've been going out here in Louisville wearing my Utilikilt and a hoodie. *grin* I haven't been going when snow is all over the ground simply cuz my girls come w/me and they don't want to be tromping thru the snow to play disc golf heh.

The Hyzer Bomb site is down at the moment for updates, but when I was on their site yesterday the Atomic is listed as unavailable and I haven't seen anyone else selling it

Spoke w/Wes from Hyzer Bomb a bit ago. Apparently their site will be down probably till Monday, they're putting a new version up and doing some work on it. Also, the Atomic is currently not available, but it sounded like they have a deal lined up to produce some more, so not sure of a timeframe, but it may be coming back up in the next few months.

Karma and Grip

If you are going to stay in the $75 range you really cant beat a Karma at this sale price. Best traditional bag I have owned. However I think most people will tell you backpack bags seem to be where most disc golfers are going to and the Grip is very good bag especially at $175. If you can you should get it. either way you cant go wrong with either one of these bags.

If you do get a Karma I would suggest quad shocks. IMO the best backpack straps with DGA Gels a close second.

Im real happy with my innova deluxe bag. Many compartments to hold putters, minis keys, snacks and water bottle. I probably hold 15+ discs, or so. Found it on discgolfcenter for $40 & free shipping. $10 less than the innova site, go figure! Love discgolfcenter...

Karma costs 125 retail, but w/40% off, that knocks off $50. SO it becomes $75+$12 shipping. Add in a pair of straps from somewhere and you are probably back up to $125, but you don't have to have the straps immediately

The Salient Catalyst is the obvious answer here.

Not for $75 it isn't. Non-pre-orders are $150 after $20 shipping fee on the website at the moment. Certainly an option if the OP decided to double his planned ceiling tho. Compared to $75 for a Karma and 30+ for straps tho, it is closer yes, esp if the Voodoo straps were picked up