• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Red-Hot Memorial Action -or- Who Will Barry Punch Next?

So they put all the best golfers on one card? How is that different than when golf puts Tiger and Phil on the same card to draw crowds? Complaining about that is dumb.

thanks chuck, that clears things up a bit. I didn't know they could apply for a waiver of that rule.

I paid for the coverage and I will enjoy watching those players no doubt... I was just curious as to how they did something like that, I was unaware you could get a waiver to that rule.

Ive got a couple friends playing in the tournament, so I was just thinking how some of the other player might feel, if they werent paired with a top rated guy the first round. I know first hand it doesnt help your actual game and shot making ability to play with one of those guys, but it doesnt give you an idea of what you should be shooting, and someone to help push and keep you on pace if you are playing well. I think it might matter a bit.

Frank Delicious said:
So they put all the best golfers on one card? How is that different than when golf puts Tiger and Phil on the same card to draw crowds? Complaining about that is dumb.

i think its a legit complaint since i was unaware that you could get exceptions to the rules for something like that. it makes sense for viewers, just questioning the fairness as it relates to the rules for first round pairings. you're right im dumb. duhhh

hopefully the golfers don't have the opening minutes jitters that the broadcast team is having...

Yeah, they all look pretty nervous. Looks like they've got some lag on the mics out on the course, but the broadcast booth audio doesn't seem to be lagging.

Video quality is pretty nice. I'll be interested to see if we get to see most of the featured card play, or just 3/4 holes.

Wow. The commentary is REALLY impressive. I dont know what you guys are talking about with the video quality...its pretty bad and I can barely see the disc more than 200' out.

Video quality is ok for me, not too bad, but definitely not on par with some of the better YouTube stuff. Some of the cameramen are having a hard time following the discs, and yeah, I can't see it once it gets more than 250' out or so.

Aaron_D said:
Wow. The commentary is REALLY impressive. I dont know what you guys are talking about with the video quality...its pretty bad and I can barely see the disc more than 200' out.

I guess my point was that it is better than the USDGC video.

Loving it so far. Commentary is not annoying at all. Have had the headphones on at work...it is a great distraction. Good thing we don't have internet monitoring at work!

Pretty sure the cameraman just dropped a really loud, very clear F-bomb.

Sounds like Barsby is tearing it up.

I'm having a hard time seeing any of the drives, they keep cutting away from decent views right before the guys throw and doing the over-the-shoulder type thing and the disc is getting washed out in the brightness of the sky.

This is live leader board is cool:
http://www.pdga.com/tournament/live.php?TournID=9642&Div=MPO

live_scoring_400x300.JPG