• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reptilian Disc Golf Gecko Bag (Casual Round Bag)

If these had come out within a few months of the facebook teaser video, I was even thinking about buying one for each of my groomsmen. Still holding out hope that we'll see them sometime this year.

I reached out to RDG through Facebook to let them know about the recent posts here and ask about the timeframe. They replied with the following :

"Thanks for bringing that our to attention. It's definitely a project we still want to pursue. Unfortunately we had to put funds into our molds. Hopefully we can get something going this year"

I reached out to RDG through Facebook to let them know about the recent posts here and ask about the timeframe. They replied with the following :

"Thanks for bringing that our to attention. It's definitely a project we still want to pursue. Unfortunately we had to put funds into our molds. Hopefully we can get something going this year"

I would totally support a kickstarter to get the ball rolling here. One of the flag ones is getting a lot of love in a Facebook auction right now.

I would have prepaid for two but could not wait any longer for one of those so I just ordered a Spider Monkey .

I understand and appreciate the conservative approach of not wanting to do pre-orders, but I still wish they would do it so I could get this bag sooner.

Never gonna happen

If these had come out within a few months of the facebook teaser video, I was even thinking about buying one for each of my groomsmen. Still holding out hope that we'll see them sometime this year.

Forget about it. #nothappening

Top Priority of 2017 :sick::sick::sick: Yaaaah right!!

Glad I finally gave up and bought a trooper. Best decision I've made in a while :thmbup:

RIP, Gecko. You had a lot of promise.

Too bad we'll never see you again.:(

This really is a bummer. I've tried several other small bags after giving my first run Gecko to a friend with no left hand (makes his rounds incredibly easier), but nothing really works as well.

Maybe the specs/patent can be sold to someone that will produce it?

I have one of the 10 stars and stripes Geckos I might be willing to part with if the offer was right.
20171113_151021.jpg" alt="20171113_151021" border="0"

Ladies and gentlemen... The Gecko lives again!

Josh is pushing to have a full production run produced for Spring. The best part is that they are to be produced with Fossa!!!!

The Gecko is a professionally built casual bag.
These final draft protos turned out amazing.

Attachments

• received_10159924012980055.jpg
    received_10159924012980055.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 78
  • received_10159924023465055.jpg
    received_10159924023465055.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 66
Ladies and gentlemen... The Gecko lives again!

Josh is pushing to have a full production run produced for Spring. The best part is that they are to be produced with Fossa!!!!

The Gecko is a professionally built casual bag.
These final draft protos turned out amazing.

Can't wait to hear more about these! (colors, features, price, etc)

Does anyone have a used bag that they are willing to sell. My friend has one and its the perfect bag.

Here's a little video that I did this morning walking you through the Gecko

Gecko Walkthrough Link

Pardon the poor quality. It's my first video and I just used my ipad. Time to invest in a decent camera.

I spent a lot of time with the Gecko yesterday and I will say I am really enjoying it as my casual bag. One unique feature of the bag is that it will stand on it own. The bottle holder gives it enough stability to remain upright on tables, the ground, etc. I also really like that I can carry a distance driver in the back sleeve without it interrupting my 5-6 disc core. I don't often throw distance drivers but they're fun to throw on those "driving range" holes.

I've got a few listed for purchase over at reptiliandiscgolf.com :)
I cannot wait to hear what folks think of these.
can the snap pocket on the front hold a putter?

can the snap pocket on the front hold a putter?

There is a main compartment for 5ish discs. In front of that, where the snap for the pocket is, there is a putter pocket, mini pocket, and pencil slots. On the back there is a pocket for 1 more disc.

I must say, after three years of rolling around in my trunk and not being used. I pulled out this bag and it is still a favorite. Such an awesome product. Was there any traction on the fossa reboot?

I must say, after three years of rolling around in my trunk and not being used. I pulled out this bag and it is still a favorite. Such an awesome product. Was there any traction on the fossa reboot?

We had protos made but we never hit production with them.

Josh and I never have been the "risk taking" type with the money we have invested in RDG.

I know the Geckos would sell, but that a lot of money to be sitting in something that may take us a while to move.

Maybe one day... But not any time soon.

We had protos made but we never hit production with them.

Josh and I never have been the "risk taking" type with the money we have invested in RDG.

I know the Geckos would sell, but that a lot of money to be sitting in something that may take us a while to move.

Totally get that. I imagine that is why you see a lot of bag companies that seem to be short lived.

What if DGCR created a group buy/preorder type thing? I don't know how many your minimum would need to be to get them produced, but I do think many people on here would like one! Hell I currently own four bags and I'd still grab a Gecko for sure. Just a thought:thmbup:

What if DGCR created a group buy/preorder type thing? I don't know how many your minimum would need to be to get them produced, but I do think many people on here would like one! Hell I currently own four bags and I'd still grab a Gecko for sure. Just a thought:thmbup:

I'll ask the shop what the minimum order is and maybe we can do something with that idea!

Latest posts