• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Reptilian Disc Golf Ptero: Stable Fairway Driver

jcassidy1990

Reptilian Disc Golf
The partnership between RDG and Daredevil discs has taken another step forward this week.
We have teamed up to produce another disc that I think will be a sneaky entry into the ever changing fairway market.

The Ptero is based off of the highly underrated Timberwolf mold.
We have produced the Ptero in ArmorFlex plastic. It is crazy durable & provides one of the best grips of any premium plastic on the market.

wlHzSNn.jpg

The initial flight tests have shown a workable fairway of traditional speed. It is almost like traveling in a time machine to days that coveted glide and precision over speed and stability.

Preliminary flight numbers are 7, 5, -1, 1 if you're into that sort of thing :thmbup:

So...Raptor : Scale :: Ptero : Serpent?

Can't wait to try these either way since the Raptor was just too much beef for my bag.

So...Raptor : Scale :: Ptero : Serpent?

Can't wait to try these either way since the Raptor was just too much beef for my bag.

Yes sir! We will now how two PnA molds and two fairway drivers :hfive:

Our mids should be right around the corner as well.

The Ptero is one of the most workable fairways I've thrown. I also think that folks that have low or medium power will find this to be their workhorse.

Is Armor Flex the same plastic as the Raptors? Sorry to ask so many questions. I don't have any Daredevil experience beyond the Gamedisc.

And any chance of 150-class weights thrown into the mix? I recently made the move for drivers and have been loving it.

Last edited:
Is Armor Flex the same plastic as the Raptors? Sorry to ask so many questions. I don't have any Daredevil experience beyond the Gamedisc.

And any chance of 150-class weights thrown into the mix? I recently made the move for drivers and have been loving it.

These are the same plastic as the Raptors and boy do they feel amazing.

This proto run of 100 pieces were all 175g. I'd like to work in some lower weights but with ours/Daredevil's production being so small, chances are that will be a ways away.

I definitely would like to try one of these. JC or HeavyCritters, can you compare the Ptero or TWolf flight to a TL and/or FD? I bag a Star TL and I've played around a bit with an S-Line FD (slightly less stable and slightly shorter for me than the TL). That wing shape looks somewhat similar to a TL although it appears to have just a little more curvature on the underside of the wing than a TL. How is the flight comparatively?

I definitely would like to try one of these. JC or HeavyCritters, can you compare the Ptero or TWolf flight to a TL and/or FD? I bag a Star TL and I've played around a bit with an S-Line FD (slightly less stable and slightly shorter for me than the TL). That wing shape looks somewhat similar to a TL although it appears to have just a little more curvature on the underside of the wing than a TL. How is the flight comparatively?

This mold is slightly unique in this crowded field of drivers.

Unlike most "stable" fairways, the Ptero has an "X"wing like a Teebird/Eagle-X. That said, the flight is closer to the "L" variants of these molds.

I've found the Ptero to be really easy to get some flip when given a bit of hyzer but it also has enough LSS to be worked back if you want it to.

The flight numbers on the TL having 0 turn to me makes it a little tough to range and throw. The Ptero however, for me, has been really easy to manipulate on a variety of lines and shot shapes.

This mold is slightly unique in this crowded field of drivers.

Unlike most "stable" fairways, the Ptero has an "X"wing like a Teebird/Eagle-X. That said, the flight is closer to the "L" variants of these molds.

I've found the Ptero to be really easy to get some flip when given a bit of hyzer but it also has enough LSS to be worked back if you want it to.

The flight numbers on the TL having 0 turn to me makes it a little tough to range and throw. The Ptero however, for me, has been really easy to manipulate on a variety of lines and shot shapes.

Yeah the concave underside of the wing definitely looks a bit more like a Teebird than a TL, so I'm guessing it just gets its understability from the lower PLH rather than the wing shape.

It's funny, but I feel like the Star TL's I've thrown do have a little turn, maybe -0.5 when fresh. If I throw them flat and hard, they track right a bit; if I don't want any right movement at all I have to hyzer flip it. Maybe that's because mine are all in the mid to upper 160's though. I also have a Val Jenkins champ TL and that thing flies like a Star Teebird, definitely a true 0 turn.

So it sounds like maybe the Ptero has a little more turn like an FD, but maybe a little more fade as well (so maybe more like a C-Line FD rather than my S-Line which has very little fade). The nose of the Ptero looks slightly sharper than the FD though, so maybe it has a bit more distance potential as well.

Jeez! What'd you post, 10?? I reloaded the site on my phone three times at lunch. In a 10-15 minute span they went from not being posted yet, to 30% left! Glad I snagged one quick and didn't wait to get back to the office! :D :thmbup::thmbup:

Darn you for taking more of my money Jamie! Blank Ptero ordered; of course if I end up liking this mold I'm gonna have to buy some colored/stamped ones as well so hopefully I hate it. :p

I would have great interest in lower weights as well if you (Jamie) get the chance to make a second run.

Latest posts