• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Reptilian Disc Golf Ptero: Stable Fairway Driver

I'd personally like a little more stiffness, but the current armor flex doesn't bother me. I guess it might bother me at 100 degrees, but Portland doesn't get that hot very often or for very long. Honestly, armor flex doesn't feel "gummy" to me, just flexible. Prodigy 400S/G plastic on the other hand feels gummy, but stiffer than armor flex, if that makes any sense. I don't think gummy and flexible are necessarily the same thing.

I actually don't think it feels gummy either. Just flexible, but my noodle arms aren't whipping it hard enough to notice that flex during my throw.

I'd personally like a little more stiffness, but the current armor flex doesn't bother me. I guess it might bother me at 100 degrees, but Portland doesn't get that hot very often or for very long. Honestly, armor flex doesn't feel "gummy" to me, just flexible. Prodigy 400S/G plastic on the other hand feels gummy, but stiffer than armor flex, if that makes any sense. I don't think gummy and flexible are necessarily the same thing.

Good Point :|

I guess I've never considered the difference...

ArmorFlex is a more apt name than ArmorGummy it turns out :)

Mine is in the mail :popcorn: with a set of serpents and scale! I'm excited to pit the ptero against my FDs. Profile looks different. I don't expect them to feel the same. I love my G-line PD, but was indifferent about a gummy FD I had. I'm reserving judgement on the plastic. That last description sounds a bit like a fresh D-line FD, which is a disc that breaks in beyond that description rather quickly. Thing is I adore the flight of the D-lines when fresh.:popcorn:

Mine is in the mail :popcorn: with a set of serpents and scale! I'm excited to pit the ptero against my FDs. Profile looks different. I don't expect them to feel the same. I love my G-line PD, but was indifferent about a gummy FD I had. I'm reserving judgement on the plastic. That last description sounds a bit like a fresh D-line FD, which is a disc that breaks in beyond that description rather quickly. Thing is I adore the flight of the D-lines when fresh.:popcorn:

Your lineup looks ripe for the RDG pickin' ;)

That Rhyno is a goner once you toss a Scale.
The Ptero will compete nicely against your FD arsenal as well.

Let us know how you like it. I'm just in love with this mold. My current fairway set up is:

- Raptor: all things beef
- Crave: staight with light fade. My "power" fairway that I can use for most all lines
- Ptero: my "finesse" fairway. This disc is my woods carving machine. Capable of everything from low cruising hyzers to forced over rollers.

It is a tiny footprint in my bag to carry these three fairways and I really don't ever find an opportunity that I feel like I need another option.

Stamp design is almost finished up!

VMwBhcm.jpg

What happened to the ptero grabbing the chains drawing? I thought that was supposed to be the stamp.

I keep going back and firth on picking one of these up. I feel like I could use it, but I'm usually not a fan of understable. I love my scales and serpent and want to support the company, but my wife says no plastic purchases until Spring.

What happened to the ptero grabbing the chains drawing? I thought that was supposed to be the stamp.

I keep going back and firth on picking one of these up. I feel like I could use it, but I'm usually not a fan of understable. I love my scales and serpent and want to support the company, but my wife says no plastic purchases until Spring.

The Ptero with chains stamp is still on the table for a run. There were a lot of folks that said it looked like a "Creeper" flashing the world though so I'm a little off put by the stamp now lol.

I'm in the same camp of understability. I only bag one US driver and that is my Ptero. I use it for all kinds of shots that I never thought I would. Even some 220-250 ft. low ceiling shots that it just executes beautifully.

Still working on my review video for this disc. Having a hard time finding someone to film for me.

I like it though. It is flying very stable-stable with just a hint of overstability. Easy to turn over yet easy to hyzer as well. The flexy plastic blend means it won't beat in very quick either.

Its starting to get cold here in Colorado so this arrived at the perfect time, albiet in a not ideal color.

Still working on my review video for this disc. Having a hard time finding someone to film for me.

I like it though. It is flying very stable-stable with just a hint of overstability. Easy to turn over yet easy to hyzer as well. The flexy plastic blend means it won't beat in very quick either.

Its starting to get cold here in Colorado so this arrived at the perfect time, albiet in a not ideal color.

Can't wait to watch your findings.

I consider myself an above average power player and I am finding that the Ptero really is more stable than initial findings. The -1, 1 flight rating is pretty comfortable for me right now.

I even parked a FH shot with it the other day!!

I played a mostly wooded course today after I got mine. On the only open fairway in the whole 18 I pulled it out and threw it flat alongside a worn, but still beefy C-FD. Actually pulled them on pretty much the same line and the ptero finished a little bit to the left. It had a very similar arc as it fell/faded but the turnover happened a little sooner on the ptero, giving it more time to drift to the left. Only one comparison throw today, but I'll get out in the field with some fresh FDs and really get a comparison this week hopefully.

I will say the plastic is definitely MORE flexible than my G-line PD. I won't however, say that is a bad thing. The rim feels stiff enough that it's not floppy. it is flexy, but also snappy. I feel like it could taco and snap back with minimal impact to the disc.

I forgot about that one! That was sick! Bring it back! :D

h14F3KY.jpg

Make it grip the band though... That chain grab is just dirty lol or maybe I am but can't stop laughing when I see it.