• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Reptilian Disc Golf Ptero: Stable Fairway Driver

Fossil Pteros would be sweet. I believe it was the first run that is "dinner plate hard", whatever the exclusive artwork serpents are. Softer fossil seasons nicely though. @Jamie: Is fossil a possibility for the ptero or are we going to be seeing amber become a reality? Or something else or both?

Yup put me on the list of people who will try the Petro when it comes in something stiffer.

Makes me want to revisit the timberwolf again. That plastic they made it in was tits. It was like pro or CE from Innova. Anyone know the name?

I bought one a while ago, but gave it to someone, never got a chance to throw it. Rim width felt good.

Good to see this disc getting a facelift.

Makes me want to revisit the timberwolf again. That plastic they made it in was tits. It was like pro or CE from Innova. Anyone know the name?

I bought one a while ago, but gave it to someone, never got a chance to throw it. Rim width felt good.

Good to see this disc getting a facelift.

This mold is just amazing. I love that this mold is a straight flying X wing. I've always preferred how X wing molds season and the Ptero has been very similar to my other experiences.

Their CE-esque plastic is Performance Flex plastic. I plan to tweak that soon enough as well with a touch more stiffness to make Amber plastic.

Added some flavor to my Ptero!
s6yYOoQ.jpg

Thanks, Welch. The picture doesn't show it too well, but somehow (unbeknownst to me) it created a very cool shadow over the right wing and face of the bird. Very happy with how it turned out.

The wolverine is a basically the Ptero in CE ish plastic if you want that feel.

The wolverine is a basically the Ptero in CE ish plastic if you want that feel.

I was just over at Daredevil's site looking at that but, from flight numbers alone, it seems like the Ptero is slower with more glide. Am I mistaken? Are they essentially the same disc?

I was just over at Daredevil's site looking at that but, from flight numbers alone, it seems like the Ptero is slower with more glide. Am I mistaken? Are they essentially the same disc?

They're the same mold.

The Ptero molded up slightly different but if you want a champion Ptero disc, the Wolverine is your disc!

Daredevil uses a different speed rating which I disagree with so I rated the flight numbers to Correlate with the rim size.

They're the same mold.

The Ptero molded up slightly different but if you want a champion Ptero disc, the Wolverine is your disc!

Daredevil uses a different speed rating which I disagree with so I rated the flight numbers to Correlate with the rim size.

Thank you both. I had 1 pm about a Ptero for sale.. Gonna pick that up and also a first run Wolverine. 😁👍

Side note: these Amber Ptero are quite a bit more stable than their counterparts and are also nabbing a ton of flight time in my bag.

From the Tyrant thread.

Are they more stable thru their whole flight? Or did they just lose some of their turn?

From the Tyrant thread.

Are they more stable thru their whole flight? Or did they just lose some of their turn?

A tick more stability in both phases.

I'm getting only a smidgen of turn and a pretty nice fade back

ArmorFlex = 7, 5, -1.5, 1
Amber = 7, 5, - 1, 2

That would be my guess

What plastic is amber comparable to?
And is it fair to say that Armor, not FlexArmor, is similar to Star or Opto?
and FlexArmor is a more flexing Gstar?

I don't think ArmorFlex feels like GStar at all. It is firmer but maybe a like more flexible. It is also less slick.

I really like it. It is a great feel plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk