• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

I wasn't necessarily asking to actually throw one I love this fossil and I love taking baseline through it's lifespan. Just curious in case I didn't like the way it beats in.... I'm not seeing that happen any time soon though.
I picked up several Fossil Scales when they came out and I used to swap them out because I had them, but I realized one day I was being silly. The one that is in there now had been there for two years, it still does what a Scale does. It's not my everyday putter, but I rarely go a round without throwing it at all.

I played a round with Bogey No More a few weeks ago and threw the Scale on an approach; it landed upside down so the Proto Fossil stamp was showing. He got up to it before me, looked at it, looked up, looked back at it and yelled "Did you throw a Wizard-looking...thing?" Yep. That's exactly what I threw.

I picked up several Fossil Scales when they came out and I used to swap them out because I had them, but I realized one day I was being silly. The one that is in there now had been there for two years, it still does what a Scale does. It's not my everyday putter, but I rarely go a round without throwing it at all.

I played a round with Bogey No More a few weeks ago and threw the Scale on an approach; it landed upside down so the Proto Fossil stamp was showing. He got up to it before me, looked at it, looked up, looked back at it and yelled "Did you throw a Wizard-looking...thing?" Yep. That's exactly what I threw.
The wizardness of it was one of the most attractive things about the scale at first. Then I threw it. Now there's no turning back. Going to grab a few more for sure.

My scale is what an Ax3 always wanted to be. JK, similar flights, they fill the same slot.... Do you like Innova plastic or wanna throw some awesome stuff brought to you by Gateway? I feel that the Scale is IS enough to handle whatever I can throw at it/it at but seasons into a relatively straight disc with a very mild but reliably stable fade no matter what though it won't flip, it'll anny flex for days but it never gets flippy.

Scale vs Aviar X3 ? Inbounds numbers are close
I already had Scales before the Aviar X3 came out. I had no reason at all to try the Aviar X3. :|

Seriously, get some Fossil Scales already. You won't look back.

I like to see this thread come up. Y'all are smart, Scale throwers. (Rhyno throwers are too.)

The more I throw my armor scale the more I like it.

Never seen a more overstable putter. I keep putting more and more mustard on it expecting it to turn over at some point and it just doesn't so I just keep throwing it from farther and farther out.

I already had Scales before the Aviar X3 came out. I had no reason at all to try the Aviar X3. :|

Seriously, get some Fossil Scales already. You won't look back.

I have Scale in different plastics, Serpent and Champion Polcats on order :)

Thinking about the Iridum, like my Warlocks as throwers . . and maybe Wizards in premium plastics.

Fun to try discs. . TO fun

The Iridum is kinda hard to find. Honestly, since I already have Warlocks and Scales I didn't really see where they fit in. Maybe if you HAD to have a beadless feel? Mine never really were thrown very much.

The Iridum is kinda hard to find. Honestly, since I already have Warlocks and Scales I didn't really see where they fit in. Maybe if you HAD to have a beadless feel? Mine never really were thrown very much.

My Webbshop in Sweden have alot of Iridiums but no Reptilian discs. . i have to order Scale and Serpent from the US at a $50 extra cost :(