• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Repurposed Bags for Discs

vibe

I'd like to see the creativity this community has and hear about bags you've used, seen, or imagined that could easily be repurposed to use for carrying a small amount of discs.

I'm not talking about putting them in your school backpack or a plastic grocery bag, I mean some stylin' bags that were designed for another purpose that are just right for carrying some discs.

I imagine there are some good ones out there; let's hear about 'em.

Camera bags and Plano cloth tackle boxes work well. sorry it is not the wow factor you were looking for, but you can consider it a thread bump :)

My homemade bag is made of a PVC pipe frame and has a spout on it to I carry my water inside my bag frame. It hold 16-17 discs and 36 oz. of water.

Attachments

• DSC03463.JPG
    DSC03463.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC03466.JPG
    DSC03466.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC03469.JPG
    DSC03469.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 205
My homemade bag is made of a PVC pipe frame and has a spout on it to I carry my water inside my bag frame. It hold 16-17 discs and 36 oz. of water.

I think that bag is exactly what this thred was supposed to be about, Sweet system.

During the Ice Bowl season I use a dog bisquit bucket (that I purchased dog bisquits in at Wal-Mart years ago). It holds ~12-13 discs, is about 12x10x10, is totally made of plastic (and thus totally waterproof) and has an attached, hindged lid. All I did was take off the cheap plastic handle and put on a shoulder strap. I can place it in the middle of a melting-snow run-off stream and everything stays dry.

Karl

that is badass, makes me not want to post my "other" bags

very nice thought bout storing the water in the frame, genius... put on quads, wrap with canvas, sell for 200... make it strong enough to stand up and use for a stool.... then were talkin 250 :)

At the memorial this year they gave away a bag to the ams that is like a fanny pack that holds like 5-6 discs. Kinda odd but very functional for limited disc rounds.

My family and my brother's family have mini disc rounds about once a week. My wife came home the other day with a bunch of little makeup bags. I was like what are those for? I then found out they hold about 15 mini discs perfectly. I'll try and get a pic up later.

That's pretty awesome! Any idea on the weight fully loaded up?

Thats a good question and something I never even bothered to think about. This is going off my digital bathroom scale so it is approximate.

So fully loaded (17 discs) it is 13.5 pounds.

Full water but no disc's is 7 pounds.

Empty bag is 5 pounds.

Of course I don't carry 17 discs, more along the lines of 12-13, and as you play and drink water the bag gets lighter.

What I really want to do, but can't justify the cost when I'm between jobs is make one out of copper pipe. The price of the 3/4" copper pipe itself isn't a killer, like $16 or $23 for 10 feet depending on the thickness. PVC is like $1.75 BTW. But then there is the 11 T joints at almost $2 each, and then 7 elbows at $1.50, then a $10 spout, then the propane for the soldering, the flux, the solder, etc. Paying 20-30 cents for a PVC fitting made much more sense right now. On day I'll do it, as that would look really cool walking around with a polished copper pipe bag. You aren't going to see tape, foam insulation or tape on a classy thing like that.

What I really want to do, but can't justify the cost when I'm between jobs is make one out of copper pipe. The price of the 3/4" copper pipe itself isn't a killer, like $16 or $23 for 10 feet depending on the thickness. PVC is like $1.75 BTW. But then there is the 11 T joints at almost $2 each, and then 7 elbows at $1.50, then a $10 spout, then the propane for the soldering, the flux, the solder, etc. Paying 20-30 cents for a PVC fitting made much more sense right now. On day I'll do it, as that would look really cool walking around with a polished copper pipe bag. You aren't going to see tape, foam insulation or tape on a classy thing like that.

I don't want to crap on your dream, but this is crazy talk. Not only will you have to polish the copper constantly to keep it from tarnishing or patina, but copper is really malleable. One round of DG and your precious is wrecked.