• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Retooled Element.....hmmmmm

jgillia

* Ace Member *
I just received a box o' discs from Gateway for a possible sponsorship and in the box there were several different discs. However the one that I am most interested in is the CE Element (Retooled...duh)

Does anyone throw these?

If so what are your thoughts?

I went to the field on my lunch and from the few throws I made I have to say Im pretty darn impressed.

So, if you throw these what are your opinons and if you did throw them but no longer do, why dont you..hmmm?

I've thrown the original E, S, and super glo runs.

They are very nice discs. I found the domier the better. S was the most stable. Very similar to the Comet. They are a bit faster and slightly less glide. They were really good at getting a really late right turn. I like the overall flight of the comet better. The comet seems to have a more rounded turn and the EL has more of an angular turn, if that makes sense. If a z comet flies like a teebird (straight with fade) the domey Es fly like an Eagle (turn with fade at the end). I liked the speed and glide of the comets better.

FWIW, I started to take the Rocs out of the bag when I first started tossing the new ELs

dgdave said:
I've thrown the original E, S, and super glo runs.

They are very nice discs. I found the domier the better. S was the most stable. Very similar to the Comet. They are a bit faster and slightly less glide. They were really good at getting a really late right turn. I like the overall flight of the comet better. The comet seems to have a more rounded turn and the EL has more of an angular turn, if that makes sense. If a z comet flies like a teebird (straight with fade) the domey Es fly like an Eagle (turn with fade at the end). I liked the speed and glide of the comets better.

FWIW, I started to take the Rocs out of the bag when I first started tossing the new ELs

Very interesting...I have to admit I was definitely liking it into the field today. It was actually performing a lil better than my beat DX Roc on a few lines which suprised me. Im gonna be taking it out on the course today after work so I should have some more air time with it.

Also, I received a new S Warrior and its totally different than the first few S Warriors I had. The blend of S on this particular Warrior is ABSOLUTELY the bees knees..Incredibly Grippy...also its mch more stable that the Warriors I first had.

Complimented the Element nicely.

I got an E warrior thats more overstable than anything you've ever thrown. I also have a nice little stack of S warriors if you're interested (ironically, one has your name in the rim)

***also, some of these may be involved in a trade, that may or may not fall apart***

The retooled Element surely is a nice disc. Very much like a $$$ Roc, just a little shorter & faster.

I'm fairly new to gateway in general, but I've been playing around with a couple E elements and am not sure if it is the retooled one or not. How can I tell?

The inside of the rim is rounded where it meets the flight plate for the retool. Otherwise if it feels like any other disc, then it is not a retool.

I've always struggled to throw midranges down tight alleys with a low ceiling where I don't want too much fade. If I have to concentrate on putting too much snap on a disc to keep it from hyzering out due to lack of spin, I tend to miss my alleys. The Clear Evolution Element works pretty well for me at lower power midrange shots. (<250 ft ) Anything over that, I've found the S Warrior is a pretty solid disc, with the E Warrior (Not Clear E, those are beefy) being reserved for shots with more fade or skip.

Latest posts