• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RHBH form check, stuck at 360 feet

jaos

Four shots here. Aviar, Buzzz, Aviar, Buzzz. Just random and average shots for me.

With a seasoned Destroyer I can usually reach 360 feet on a field, longest shot I've measured was at 385 feet. (These are actual, not internet feet.) Goal would be to consistently reach 400 feet.

Some thoughts: I've had the habit of not pulling the disc on a level plane but turning it on a vertical angle. I've tries to get rid of that, but you can see some of that on the third throw. One reason might be I start the pull too high.

Also I still feel my rhythm is off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rm744urdtE

Last edited:
I would say that your timing is a bit off. Let the disc get deeper into your right pec before firing.

Should also add you are pulling a little across your body, you should be firing from the pec straight out which will feel left of the target. So get the to the pec and fire left and see what happens.

Your rear foot/leg is too backward to drive forward/make a forward move, check posture video about internal hip rotation. You also swing off plane going from high to low, something about your grip looks off like too much nose down/wrist bend down and too tense. If you are throwing hyzer, try keeping your hand under the disc at reachback.

Your balance is way too behind your heel, so you don't get braced against your front side properly and really shift your weight forward, instead you spin around/out(front toes already up spinning on heel) and shorten the arc of your swing. Chin/balance should be over toes like McBeth. You will notice his feet are more inline and his rear heel is vertical(driving his weight forward).

Should also add you are pulling a little across your body, you should be firing from the pec straight out which will feel left of the target. So get the to the pec and fire left and see what happens.

It's weird how much this idea helped me in the field today. It took me a minute to get the timing down, but I started trying to out to the left rather than forward and I was getting really easy distance from a stand still. I don't think I've ever heard anyone put it in quite those terms.

Thanks a lot guys! You're awesome.

It's weird how much this idea helped me in the field today. It took me a minute to get the timing down, but I started trying to out to the left rather than forward and I was getting really easy distance from a stand still. I don't think I've ever heard anyone put it in quite those terms.

I think this might help me too. I was throwing on Sunday for a while, and it seemed that when I lean over my core area a bit more (as I should) and extend my elbow, my throws either go straight but too high in hyzer or flat but too much to the left.

I'll go get some more video soon.

There's already tons of detailed stuff, more than I can do...but just to add to it I believe you are starting your pull too early. It looks like you are pulling from the backswing before your front foot touches down. Experiment with getting full reach back as your front foot is touching down and then move forwards.

The other obvious stuff I saw has been mentioned...the high to low arm swing from reachback to forwards. And it seems like you aren't bracing properly...it "looks" kind of like bracing from your body positions but you swing your rear leg around instead of really getting into your plant foot. Sidewinder put it better.

Last edited: