• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ricky is the best putter disc golf has ever seen.

I think we're going to see Paul's pre-injury putting form come back soon.

Whichever of the Texas tourneys Ricky won by 10 or so strokes, Paul reverted to his pre-injury putting form on a couple of holes late when it was essentially over. Like he's been trying to practice it a bit, and was feeling it out during the round, seeing if the timing was there or something.

It's probably a weird balance...trying to get that back versus keeping sharp for the tour and having to continue practicing the straddle for now because it's just a bit more consistent during a tournament.

I hope it's a time/mental thing now, not a physical injury thing.

I'd wager you're right. It wouldn't surprise me to see it worked out in the offseason.

Ricky who? I can't hear you over all those chains Climo crushed in the 90s. This thread is like an ESPN "debate desk" show topic, let's stop living in the moment.

^That
Climo cast such a shadow over this sport I doubt anyone will be able to climb out from underneath it. Sure there will always be a flavor of the month, someone will get hot a few years, then you don't hear about them anymore.

Anyone remember the Nate Doss is the greatest putter ever thread?

I don't think so.

^That
Climo cast such a shadow over this sport I doubt anyone will be able to climb out from underneath it. Sure there will always be a flavor of the month, someone will get hot a few years, then you don't hear about them anymore.

Anyone remember the Nate Doss is the greatest putter ever thread?

I don't think so.

That's because he's a terrible putter...

I'd wager you're right. It wouldn't surprise me to see it worked out in the offseason.

This probably a little off-topic, but:
In Paul's post-injury stagger-stance putt, his form has changed ever-so-slightly. I believe that is why he has had limited success post-injury.
Maybe I noticed it because I studied his pre-injury form so closely, to emulate it.
In my experience, I found it can be somewhat difficult to go from a spush-putt straddle to the lofting spin-putt from his stagger-stance. They are very different putting styles that do not mix well.
But hey, Paul is a 4x champ.
Whether I'm right or wrong, he'll figure it out.

The bigger question...is Jamie Thomas a bigger Paul fanboy than I a Ricky fanboy? lol

I'm not a fanboy of anybody. I want all of our top athletes to perform at their best, it makes the game better and makes my job more exciting. :)

when was the most recent epic battle of top ranked pros both simultaneously playing and putting at their peaks?

2014 worlds?

Seems to be a little more nose up and lofty than his old staggered 40 footers, but then again it could just be the side view and I'm now realizing he had more loft than I thought. Still, not as much loft as Rick or many others.

mcBeth's old style actually has a bit of loft... but it takes a unique flight... it almost hyzerflips flat then falls/darts hyzers downward towards the chains. he seems to never have spit through much with the old style.

ricky's putt has a more pace and seems to head straight for the pole.