• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Rim Bubbles...Full Disclosure?

Rim Bubbles = TERRIBLE!

Wheres the old bubble tops? I got a Blizzard Ape the other day with a bubble rim. An Ape is supposed to be overstable. Yeah right! The most flippy disc I think I have ever thrown.

Its easy to find good blizzards vs bad ones. Bubbles in flight plate and very few in the rim = stable. Bubbles mostly in the rim.... Stay away. The disc needs weight in the rim.

Its easy to find good blizzards vs bad ones. Bubbles in flight plate and very few in the rim = stable. Bubbles mostly in the rim.... Stay away. The disc needs weight in the rim.

This is my experience with them too but why are the blizzard discs getting worse? The early runs were stable and bubbled flight plates, anything recent is garbage.

I had a similar thing happened. Got a 9/10 nate doss surge. I asked how the flight plate looked...he said perfect...not so much. Now I have a clovered surge. Pissed.

I also see you're a bank manager....I'm sure you read your customers all the fine print and never screw them over. :popcorn:

Well I said I appreciated constructive criticism but good work...:\

My guess is you're one of those bank customers who's money is always stolen by the bank and on a completely unrelated note...you don't keep a transaction register...just maybe. However you're point is moot, banks are actually required by law to distribute Account Disclosures...that explain everything...and if you don't understand something, we're sitting at the desk across from you.

We however, in the disc golf community, are not bound by government regulations, but rather by respect and honor. We are not required by DGCR rules to post "My CE disc may or may not contain any number of flaws including but not limited to , air bubbles in the rim, random color flecks, rim dents, stamp fallout, and so on and so forth.

There was no fine print to read so apples to oranges...nothing was disclosed(other than the disc's mintyness) IMO...

It's actually Innova's fault for not xing that one out. Why is the seller responsible for Innova's quality control? Have you contacted Innova to see if they will replace it with a current run replacement?

^innova has CE they can replace his disc with?

I think this thread got derailed into a Blizzard thread...

I would like to think the seller would disclose if there is bubbles.

Or Anything abnormal with the disc's physical appearance. Even though bubbles may be typical for that particular plastic, it is still abnormal for discs in general.

I feel for ya man.

It's actually Innova's fault for not xing that one out. Why is the seller responsible for Innova's quality control?

I actually agree with this. I've sold over 4000 discs in the last 2 years and have never once checked for bubbles on a non-xout disc. If it's an xout I actually try to find the reason that it is and list it as so. If it's a non-xout I list the condition based on the sleepy. If there is something that will effect the flight, I'll note it. IMO, a few little bubbles don't change the flight, and in my sales experience, haven't effected the value.

I purchased a CE disc that was described as Mint, 10/10. It is true that it has never been thrown and the disc is not marked as an "x-out" however I'm a bit put off that the 10+ small bubbles in the rim were not mentioned in the thread or in communications with the seller.

I'm not big into leaving sub-positive feedback but I'm not sure I even want this guys side of the story...I mean really this isn't Ebay and I expect full disclosure on the discs I'm buying, particularly when I'm dropping $50+.

Am I overreacting or would you be pissed off too?

"Mint" to me means that there is nothing wrong with the disc, and the disc is perfect. Even more so if the disc is a collector vs. current stock. Personally, I'd be disappointed.

Would you have bought it (or paid as much) having known that info? If so, just let it be and leave positive feedback. If not, send the seller a note to express your concern. Be ready to let him know what you want (full return, etc.)

Be nice, and don't be quick to leave neutral/negative feedback... most sellers are pretty reasonable... he may have not even realized they were there, or that it was an issue.

My 2 cents, anyway.

plaques_official_member_piss_and_moan_club_wooden_sign.gif

If the disc didn't have those rim bubbles the seller probably would have asked at least $100 to start with. Ebay is like that. If it seems too good to be true it probably is.

The disc was in mint condition. New from the manufacturer and unthrown, it just wasn't flawless from the factory.

LOL, that is firckin' hilarious, that's what my girlfriend would tell me...and its true, because I am a well educated, well employed, first world dwelling guy, who blows his hard earned cash on discs/skis that aren't made anymore.

I appreciate the feedback so far. It's great to have many perspectives(so long as they are at least quasi-constructive) which is why I started the thread.

I have purchased a handful(7-10) CE discs that are in the later runs so you can really see if there are bubbles or not. This is the first transaction that I've had any issue(meaning the seller didn't, at some point, mention the bubbles). I'm really not that anti-bubble, again I just want to know what I'm paying for. If a seller omits a part of the disc description(ie, bubbles, field tested not- really 10/10, clover leafing,ect), should we let the community know about it?

It seems there are some differing opinions on this. Maybe it comes back to what I tell my tellers at the bank, "Know your customer" and if you don't ask questions until you feel comfortable. When in the bank operations dept the laughable(not company policy just how we saw it) but true "Rule #1" was Trust No One. I use this sight to buy/sell/trade discs because I feel it is a place where I can trust other disc golfers, maybe I'm a little too altruistic.

You should stick to Rule #1. I've been screwed on this site before.

I also see you're a bank manager....I'm sure you read your customers all the fine print and never screw them over. :popcorn:

LOL...Classic.

Bubbles or no bubbles, I think the OP scored well with the disc. I agree with most of you in this thread. The bubbles are a non-issue with CE plastic. I would be happy to have any CE plastic in my possession.

ive never owned any ce plastic and prob never will. form the sounds of it bubbles in ce plastic are almost the "indurstry standard". i dont know what percentage of ce plastic does have bubbles but if it is substantial then i dont feel the seller has the obligation to disclose.

Latest posts