• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RIP disc golf putters

Yeah! Goofy drawings are horrible and I hate fun! Alright! Let me edit that post myself so I don't like a chode!

They should have just put Kevin Bacon and that asian shop owner dude from the movie as the stamp.

Roy said:
They should have just put Kevin Bacon and that asian shop owner dude from the movie as the stamp.
I vote for Burt.
Gummer.gif

These disc are made of some of the hardest plastic that i have ever felt in a disc! The plastic is super slick.

Jesse B 707 said:
booter said:
the relic does look like a magic and ion had a baby. The bead on the graboide is huuuuge haha

graboide and relic. hmmm lets hope these putters don't suck as much as the movies they got the names from

tremors and the relic FTL
Tremors is a god damn american classic.

Nobody can lie to themselves... anytime you are flipping through the channels and you see tremors is on you stop, watch, and enjoy.

jackalyn said:
What kind of golf driver is suitable for woman? Recently, my aunt want to play golf, and she asked me which golf driver could be right for her. But I have not much idea about golf. Can you give me some suggestion?
Bot?

jubuttib said:
jackalyn said:
What kind of golf driver is suitable for woman? Recently, my aunt want to play golf, and she asked me which golf driver could be right for her. But I have not much idea about golf. Can you give me some suggestion?
Bot?

yes

I got to feel up a relic yesterday at dubs league. These discs are apparently made in Eugene, OR. The relic is very much like a P2 in terms of rim depth and shape. In terms of flight it had a straight and glidey flightpath. He used it much like I use my beat to hell Wizard, a touch approach disc. He said he didn't trust the plastic as a putter the combination of a tacky rim and slick flightplate were causing all sorts of issues with release. Not to mention that same combination causes some really weird bounce outs and blow throughs.

Wait, so... Just to be clear: Everything we love about the Ion we hate on these, right?

Jeronimo said:
Wait, so... Just to be clear: Everything we love about the Ion we hate on these, right?

Sounds like that was just one dude's opinion. A lot of people have an aversion (mental or otherwise) to putting with urethane based plastics. I'd also like to mention that I'm not sure the similarities between the Ion and RIP's disc are much more than cosmetic. The process, materials, and gyroscopic weight distribution are all different, as well as the shape.

discspeed said:
Jeronimo said:

Sounds like that was just one dude's opinion. A lot of people have an aversion (mental or otherwise) to putting with urethane based plastics. I'd also like to mention that I'm not sure the similarities between the Ion and RIP's disc are much more than cosmetic. The process, materials, and gyroscopic weight distribution are all different, as well as the shape.

My guess is that the two different plastic involved in the RIP putters is less for the gyroscopic effect like ions and more for combining both the advantages of a soft and hard putter all in one disc.

The relic I felt certainly didn't feel gyroscopic. And about the plastic...When you flick or tap the flightplate it makes a "click" whereas my wizards are more dense a plastic that makes a resounding thud. I guess all I can compare it to is like a nalgene bottle. Like I mentioned before this made it have some very weird bounce outs and blow throughs.

I've heard some of these discs float in water...Considering a gyroscopic design is going to have densely packed plastic on the outside, this probably suggests that it is not gyroscopic.

Either way I'm 100% in support of this new company. Even if the discs aren't gyro, they look really cool and are catching eyes at the store. The recreational community loves fun disc stamps, and when you reference a cult movie in your stamp that helps even more! I also don't think they are going to be durable like Ions, but the durability seems pretty good compared to most other putters. I know MVP did a lot of R&D to make sure the two plastics bond and never come apart, so only time (or maybe a rep to explain the design?) will tell if they've done enough to keep the discs together forever or not. Best of luck to RIP! I'm going to be picking up a Relic and Graboide today to do some testing.

Hoey said:
what happened to dgdave?

I don't know...I see Frank inquired the same thing on Facebook June 9 and there have been no posts on his wall by him...It is a little disconcerting, I hope everything is OK.

discspeed said:
Hoey said:
what happened to dgdave?

I don't know...I see Frank inquired the same thing on Facebook June 9 and there have been no posts on his wall by him...It is a little disconcerting, I hope everything is OK.

me too, I sent someone to him back in the spring for a custom dye job... just heard that he received the disc to dye, but nothing came back to the guy who wanted the dye done.

Hope everythings allright.

Ok, sorry, back to your regularly scheduled RIP Disc Golf Chatter.

I examined these discs very closely today and decided to pass on testing until there are some softer runs. I have no idea how this disc passed the flex test because I found a couple (clearish middle) that had the hardest plastic I've ever felt in disc golf. Harder than the hardest Wizard I've felt. The softest ones were almost as hard in the center. I putted one a few times in the store and I just couldn't get a feel with that plastic. Hopefully they will release softer ones.

I think these are made by Quest because one of our local retailers got these mixed in with Quest discs.

Latest posts