• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Buzzz, to end all wars

roc already won the poll...lets argue about something else!! dumbest names for discs?
The Titanic is a pretty lame name for a disc, IMO. Yeah, you sink putts, the Titanic sank, but a lot of people died when the boat sank.

The Breeze is pretty bad considering how poorly it performs if there is one. ;)

The Impact would be good for a putter, but do you really want your driver impacting a lot of stuff?

Apple, classic disc, still a horrible name.

Skeeter isn't the worst, but it's pretty bad.

Rock-It. I'm not sure I need to say more.

If you count the stamp, the T-Bone has to be the worst. It's a picture of a disc hitting a tree. How is that desireable?

As for naming schemes, I can't decide which is worse, Innova's "different discs with the same name" (TB/TL, EX/EL, FB/FL, SF/SL, ect/ecl.) or Gateway's old "same disc with lots of names" (G9i/Wizard/Chief, G5/G6/Demon/Scout, G1i/Sabre/Apache, G3i/Blaze/Warrior, ect.).

Times up. Its the spider. I've never thrown one but my bro throws them and Buzzz's and say's they feel and fly the same and Joes flight chart agrees.

Times up. Its the spider. I've never thrown one but my bro throws them and Buzzz's and say's they feel and fly the same and Joes flight chart agrees.

In my limited experience with a champ spider and extensive experience with a z buzzz I'm going to respectfully disagree.

In comparison, the spider is significantly more overstable and much slower. The one I had was an x-out, it shouldn't make that big of a difference and it could have been a fluke.

Also, the feel of the spider is similar to a aviar/challenger and felt like a smaller diameter than a Buzzz (I didn't look at the numbers or compare side by side)

Also, the feel of the spider is similar to a aviar/challenger and felt like a smaller diameter than a Buzzz (I didn't look at the numbers or compare side by side)

The Spider's diameter is a whole 0.5 cm smaller than the Buzzz. The rim is probably a bit thicker, as well.

In my limited experience with a champ spider and extensive experience with a z buzzz I'm going to respectfully disagree.

In comparison, the spider is significantly more overstable and much slower. The one I had was an x-out, it shouldn't make that big of a difference and it could have been a fluke.

Innova rates the spiders stability at -1, 1 which could in no stretch of the imagination be construed as overstable. You might have had a mislabeled X-out. If anything the buzz is slightly more torque resistant than the spider.

O.K. I'm sorry I brought up the skeeter. But my Roc and my skeeter get along just fine in my bag, but they are both terrified of my shark which is only 147g and only comes out on very calm days. My roc is pretty new and seems to be overstable (which is fine) but I hear they change alot with wear.

along with garublador, i find it awesome and ironic that the roc/buzzz thread was hijacked. That was the intention of my previous post. I still like the roc better, but the buzzz is much better in certain cases, and I don't even think about pulling out my roc in those instances.

It's kind of like when I want some cereal for breakfast instead of bacon and eggs. it's not as good, but it works fine for that one situation.

Three Putt i loove the usage of the poll. I have never thrown a roc or buzzz so i cant which is better, but i do like my star cro which has endure many trees and rocks and other obstacles and still flys very nice and predictable.

Your favorite flavors of ice cream are all hair?

I too like the irony that the Roc vs Buzzz thread got hijacked. I guess it's like Jurassic Park, you only think you can control a thread, but that control only lasts so long...

long live the TeeRex. roaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr. oh look it went out of bounds.
Jurassic park IS disc golf!

Sh!t. I angered the disc golf gods with this thread and lost my beloved Skeeter Friday as a result. Anybody make a "goat" that I can sacrifice to appease them?

Thought I'd reheat the Buzz/ Roc thread for some of the newer players.

I am so digging my Buzz- Flx. My Buzz loves the flex shot. Gains height predictably into a head wind. Runs out to 260-280 down wind, hits the ground and stays put, even putts pretty well. You can parachute the Buzz on a high hard hyzer and it flips flat and just kinda dies down to the ground. Great for tunnel approaches where I need to throw somwthing pretty hard ( 150-180 ) and still keep it low.

Latest posts