• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rockburn Branch/Lost One and Found One

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Well, #15 at Rockburn Branch got me two Sunday's ago. I got to play 18 holes, mostly in the rain, before heading to Disney World. I shanked my drive on #15. It slipped out of my hand (I didn't dry my hands or disc well enough, totally my fault) and went left, just a little short of the bike/walking path. I looked for about 30 minutes high and low and couldn't find it. The shule is really thick. I would have looked longer but didn't have time since I had to get to the airport.

The disc I lost was a 174g, bright orange, ESP, Discraft Buzzz. Unfortunately, being one of the newest additions to my bag, I think that I forgot to put my name and number on it.

Here's a pic, bottom center, of the lost disc.

picture.php

While searching for my disc, though, I found a different disc, too. It was more disc that I would imagine anyone throwing for this downhill shot. Keep in mind that I don't have a big arm and throw a Buzzz (not any more) or Roc on this hole. The disc I found isn't inked at all and is in relatively new condition. Anyone lose one on 15?

Here's a picture of the general area where I lost and found the discs. It was over the bush that kind of looks like an elephant to me.

picture.php

My husband and I lost and found discs on hole 15 just last weekend. The one we found was orange, but not a Buzzz. Are you sure you didn't lose an Innova disc? ;-)

I have only played at Rockburn Branch 4 times, and have lost 1 and found 4 discs. It helps, I guess, that I'm new and suck but won't spend less than 30 minutes looking for a lost disc.

Might play a round today, Jimb. I'll give it a look-see.

Thanks, man. And did I ever mention in my other Rockburn thread that when I met up with Swatso that I kept thinking that he was you. Boy was I confused... and embarrassed. I totally got the screen names mixed up. :doh:

Latest posts