• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rocking the 150 class discs! These things FLY!

Light discs glide farther. I only have on 150g pink Flick but I could certainly convince myself to try some others. I'm always amazed how that overstable rascal will fight a head wind.

I love my 150's. I have 150 Champ Leopard, 150 Champ Tee Bird, 3-150 Champ Valks, but I agree I like max weight mid and putters for whatever reason.

I got a small stockpile of 11x KC Teebirds today at 150-155 and it is amazing how stable these discs are at that light of a weight. I was throwing them into a headwind and not once did they turn over.

The 150 Valks are amazing discs as well. Throw them hard hyzer in a tailwind and watch it flip up and fly 400 feet! However they don't stand a chance in a headwind!

Where did you find the small stockpile of 11x t=birds? Would you be willing to trade off one of your
155's? Or atleast let me know where to find some online? Thanks.

I'll have to post some weights in here sometimes...I know I have a 134 Illusion (still as overstable as all get out)

125 or something #1 helix...fun to hyzer flip in a park

yeah, some funny stuff.

\/\/

Where did you find the small stockpile of 11x t=birds? Would you be willing to trade off one of your
155's? Or atleast let me know where to find some online? Thanks.

Sorry I am not looking to get rid of any of them as I had to trade some of my old pro soft rhynos and a brand new CE Rhyno to get them.

I love my 150's. I have 150 Champ Leopard, 150 Champ Tee Bird, 3-150 Champ Valks, but I agree I like max weight mid and putters for whatever reason.

Love mine too. I throw primarily 150 Class drivers, Wraiths, Valkyries, Vikings, and Leopards are my main drivers. Max weight putters seem to work best for me too, and I like my mid's around 170.

there's a 159.9g and under tourney coming up in my neck of the woods (not japan) that i'm contemplating entering, so i've been looking at beefing up my selection of 150 class discs. i keep 150ish rocs and teebirds in my regular everyday bag, and find them to be really useful in a variety of common situations.

a couple questions i have regarding 150 class discs:

*has anyone come across 150 class voodoos? i found one at marshall street listed as an x-out and snatched it up, but i'd like to see if there are any more, regular production ones available.

*is the 150 class firebird generally regarded as the way to go for 150g overstables? or are people into the flick, or something else entirely? i throw Zpreds in that slot for my everyday bag, but they don't seem to be available in the weights i'd need.

*am i going to be really disappointed with the japan open champ orcs and star destroyers that i ordered a few days ago? please tell me i won't, as i a) spent more than i should on them and b) am pretty excited to get them in.

*in addition to the above, orcs and destroyers are my distance drivers of choice in regular weights, so i thought i'd just grab some of them in 150s and go from there, but are there other driver molds that would significantly out-perform those two, or would act significantly more like their heavier-weight counterparts, in the 150 class? (i throw teebirds about 325' with control)

thanks for any info/responses folks can give!

there's a 159.9g and under tourney coming up in my neck of the woods (not japan) that i'm contemplating entering

I would LOVE this!

I would have my bag all set up in minutes: 150 wraiths, 150 destroyer, 150 avengers, 150 dragon, 150 archangel, 150 surge (understable driver)

mids: 150 warrior, 150 element

putter: right now the only one I have is a 152 gram prototype Dupont Hytrel plastic wizard...but i could use it if I had to.

\/\/

yeah- i'm looking forward to it as well. it's being held at a long, flat, and mostly open course where one of the main obstacles is the wind that often blows off of the lake that borders the course...my bag will be:

putters:
voodoo
aviar (if needed)

mids:
dx roc x2
kc roc
champ panther

fairways:
dx teebird x2
star teebird
champ firebird (most likely)

drivers
:
champ orc x2
star destroyer

I've got a 150g Teebird that works great with tailwinds and hyzer flips, the only other 150's I've used are the r-pro bosses.

I've played around with my daughter's 100g Challenger Lite...interesting in the wind to say the least.

My local DG shop has several 150 class 11x Teebirds if someone is looking.

*is the 150 class firebird generally regarded as the way to go for 150g overstables? or are people into the flick, or something else entirely? i throw Zpreds in that slot for my everyday bag, but they don't seem to be available in the weights i'd need.

thanks for any info/responses folks can give!

I have a 150 esp flick and a 150 gummy champ firebird. Although they are both stable the flick is the most stable of the two. The flick is also faster than the firebird. For some people this is probably a good thing but for me it just makes it harder to control thus the firebird has a permanent spot in my bag and the flick just visits from time to time. They both fly great into a headwind and even though I find the firebird to be more consistent for me the flick does do one thing extremely well. The Flick will go through leaves or brush in an overhead shot better than any disc I have. I think it has to do with it being soo flat and fast. The Flick can chop through some leaves and keep it's forward momentum where many discs will stop dead in there tracks.

Last edited:
I had a 146 Gazelle that I lost back before I started writing my info on the back of the disc. I really miss that Gazelle. I have been throwing in the 165 - 169 range and I am planning on moving down in weight when I order up on some more discs.

I use a 155g champ gazelle for overhand shots. That is what really got me started on lighter discs. I was hurting my shoulder throwing my max weight firebird overhand.

I just put a new 150 DX Valk in the rotation this weekend. Awesome disk so far, but we will see once it gets beaten in. I will probably pick it up in Champ once it does.

Love being able to power down and groove a few drives with it. Especially on the first few holes as the shoulder warms up. Plus, if you have no room for a run up, you can still get the distance with a 150.

I will have to try a 150 firebird or flick too as an overstable light disc sounds like fun.

I played yesterday at Stumpy Creek. On some of the super tight wooded holes I threw a 150 Valk with a very easy controlled throw and sailed effortlessly through the woods. On the back nine there is an open hole that is 450 feet (with a downhill slope). I threw several on this hole and I can say that the 150 valk, 150 teebird, and 150 firebird all made it pin high. So don't let anyone tell you that you can't get distance with a 150 disc. The other thing that was funny was that my friend was throwing max weight discs the whole match and was saying that his arm was tired and shoulder hurt after the game. I was throwing lighter discs, driving just as far, and was ready to play another round!

The 150 Valk is awesome in the woods and goes forever in a tailwind however a slight headwind will send it 4 miles to the right. However a 150 teebird or gazelle will fly through a headwind like it is not there.

Last edited:
I should totally try this. I have fond memories of coming home from college, where I played with an Ultrastar every day, and being pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to toss around a standard 140ishg Frisbee on the beach.

After reading this I'm gonna try out some light weight divers. I used to go max now round high 160's and have more distance and control.

Along with pre if I don't use them I can give them to my class. They had an old champ spider this year and think every kid threw it but lightweight would help them all.

I throw 150g Sidewinders and 150g Valks, they are great for my hurting right shoulder.