• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rocs & Wizard Round 2

Those were some awesome videos. I love the fact that you just have confidence to walk right up...choose you line and huck it with pin point accuracy...your putting is just plain sick...I've never seen anyone putt like that besides Nikko...you two should make a video together for just putting....it would be amazing...

I would like to know the names of the songs in the videos....might put together a little mix for the ipod when I go and practice...

thanks for the video, i wanna dig up your old ones.

youve inspired me to throw short tees today on my practice round :D

If I was going to make it cubby style I wouldn't of missed all those putts the second round. No smoke and mirrors here. I just try really hard when I have my camera with me.

Well done, Mike C! Good looking round of golf. Super solid putting display.

Also enjoyed the Bonobo tune.

thanks!

got a question for you guys.

do you think me throwing a putter round from the blue tees at Deis Hill would be too long and boring to watch or would be interesting? I'm doing skateboarding for my next video, but for the next DG one I thought about doing this. Feel like it might be boring though watching me try to par 1000' holes witb a Wizard.

thanks!

do you think me throwing a putter round from the blue tees at Deis Hill would be too long and boring to watch or would be interesting? I'm doing skateboarding for my next video, but for the next DG one I thought about doing this. Feel like it might be boring though watching me try to par 1000' holes witb a Wizard.

I'd be game to see that. Plus, that way when guys talk about how their Nuke or Katana or Boss nets them 340', and you're hitting 330' with a Wizard, they can realize that they actually just suck at throwing :D

thanks!

deis is very open. maybe have a second person there to operate the camera to zoom in and follow the disc in flight.

edit: and i vouch for him when he says no smoke and mirrors. i've played with him before and can see him shooting that round for real.

Hmm that's a good point about it being open. I don't know if I could find a filmer but if I do it I can at least test different disc colors against a similar background and see which ones stand out best.

Wish I had a video camera instead of shooting this all from a digital camera that records low res video. As it is on q lot of shots you can only see the disc leave my hand and land, not the flight.

Oh, and if anyone ever wants to throw 5$ on a game, your whole bag vs my putters and mids, I'm down. You pick the course as long as its in Ohio.

Last edited:
thanks!

I be cool with that! That would be fun to watch.

Wish I had a video camera instead of shooting this all from a digital camera that records low res video. As it is on q lot of shots you can only see the disc leave my hand and land, not the flight.

suggestion: if you just happen to have a Sams Card, BJ's Club Card or any other of the mass quantity big box stores. You can buy a HD digital video camera, keep it for 30 days and return it. Every time one of my friends wants to make a video we go buy one and then return it.

I would watch you throw wizards on that course and any other you would like to film. I'm just watching your form and seeing if I can pick up any pointers.

Mike C you have inspired me. I played two Wizard rounds today at a very short course near my work.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2698&mode=hi
Its not the disstance that you are playing but I hope it will be one day. I didn't get any boggies but it is very short. I am getting the wizards out to about 180ft right now on a good drive but today was the first time I ever tried it.

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!!!!

Hey that's good to hear! Gotta start somewhere. Throwing putters at first can feel a little funny but after two rounds I'm sure you've started to get a feel for it. I started playing putter rounds at the course in this video myself...that was back before I knew they had long tees there hahah. Control is the most important part, the distance will come later.

Mike C, You are a real source of inspiration! Because of your videos I have started to play a putter rounds only (Vibram Ridge) and I'm loving it.

What kind of grip you are using (drives and putts)? Your putter work looks incredibly easy and it would be really nice to see a close-up video of your putting... I'm pretty sure that there is also something what we can learn from you :)

Keep up the good work :thmbup:

Nice video! There are two things that stood out to me.

First, how close to your chest the disc gets on drives. It's not always easy to see becasue of the camera angle, but I don't doubt it's part of his "secret" to throwing far.

Second, the quick "finger spring" when putting. You just set up and perform the same thing each time with a little different weight shift or aiming.

It may seem like it's this video showing just how much you can accomplish with those two molds, but really he's showing what you can accomplish with really solid fundamentals. There wasn't a lot of fancy line shaping needed, super long drives or pin point accuracy, just consistently good drives and putts.

Mike C, next time I am in Ohio I will take you on for $5 at Handyman Ace Hardware. My bag vs. your rocs.

-Paul Priest #35109

Mike C, next time I am in Ohio I will take you on for $5 at Handyman Ace Hardware. My bag vs. your rocs.

-Paul Priest #35109

Hahah, sounds good. Haven't made it out to that one yet but I hear good things about it. Excited to play it.

Latest posts