• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rusch Bags Bag

ziggy said:
I assume your back has healed and yer gunning for some tournies this year ? If so, which ones?

I think my back is ok, but I am throwing like I am scared my back is going to hurt so basically I am throwing pretty awful. I also graduated so UWO won't be paying for my tournaments anymore so I am going to have to cut back which came at a terrible time for this season. Terry eliminated open from all of his c tiers and started his am series, but the WI Tour events are all so damn expensive so I'm not really sure what I am going to play. I won't be at the spring opener do to family plans, but hopefully I will be at something soon. What are you playing this year?

BLURR said:
rusch_bag said:
Changed my putters. Using DX aviars for putting and a p2 for driving.

Damn you Paul McBeth :lol:

Pretty much. After putting with beaded putters for so long I guess I forgot how much easier it is to get a beadless putter to the basket. So much less effort.

I have been tempted by the same thing. I don't think I have putted with anything other than a beaded putter for close to 5 years now. Might have to give an aviar a go again...or maybe a magnet.

BLURR said:
I have been tempted by the same thing. I don't think I have putted with anything other than a beaded putter for close to 5 years now. Might have to give an aviar a go again...or maybe an Ion.
fixed

Please keep all ion discussion out of my thread. Thanks. :D And Ions drop like a brick while putting with them so that is not even a good edit on your part.

rusch_bag said:
ziggy said:
I assume your back has healed and yer gunning for some tournies this year ? If so, which ones?

I think my back is ok, but I am throwing like I am scared my back is going to hurt so basically I am throwing pretty awful. I also graduated so UWO won't be paying for my tournaments anymore so I am going to have to cut back which came at a terrible time for this season. Terry eliminated open from all of his c tiers and started his am series, but the WI Tour events are all so damn expensive so I'm not really sure what I am going to play. I won't be at the spring opener do to family plans, but hopefully I will be at something soon. What are you playing this year?

More realistic for Terry to build up his business model by catering to Ams.
It's ironic since I was looking at 2011 in review. I paid to play tournament/rounds more than I did casual rounds..sticking with Adv since cheaper unless the open div is not as expensive.
Right now, looking at Kenosha, SRO, GMO, Madcity and then summer school for 8 weeks before I graduate with my m.s.e. and then begin Ed.S. track. Congrats on the graduation! What's the next step? Grad school? Hope sam/ben are next to graduate!

I understand what Terry is doing, but it just blows for someone in my situation. I think I am going to need more school because finding a job right now seems absolutely impossible. I am sure I will see you at some event this year. Sam is a sophomore this year and I don't think Ben is even in college yet.

Terry- yep, esp for the middling pros. Difficult.

One thing for some grad schools, they have entrance interviews around this time if you are interested in enrolling in the fall. This only applies to a couple majors. Not all. any idea what direction?

So it looks like sam has 2-3y left if he keeps his head on!

Will any DGA disc make your bag? =op.

rusch_bag said:
BLURR said:
rusch_bag said:
Changed my putters. Using DX aviars for putting and a p2 for driving.

Damn you Paul McBeth :lol:

Pretty much. After putting with beaded putters for so long I guess I forgot how much easier it is to get a beadless putter to the basket. So much less effort.

I had this epiphany myself about the end of last season. I put down the beaded stuff and ordered some grid stamp aviars(classics). I originally ordered a "stack" of 5, to practice jump-putts with, because I didn't like the drop-rate/fade of my KC's for jump putting(I don't put a ton of heat on mine). But I ended up loving them so much that I ended up using them inside the circle, and for upshots. I still keep a KC in the bag for drives(2 aces on it, I can't just leave it in the yard :D ). But maybe as I gain some more confidence in hucking the classic, I can remove it all together.

The only reason I never liked the DX P&A 's because they were always that soft, shitty DX. Even my classics are just BARELY as firm as I like them in the summer heat. But McBeth said in his interview that Innova is finally putting out runs of stiffer P&A's. I fondled a few from my buddy(who is a distributor) who JUST got a fresh batch of discs in and I can confirm that they are nice and firm. Not KC firm, but just as firm as my classics(at least the handful he received were).

Also, I love DGR - the only place where you can write a short essay on the firmness of a frisbee and nobody think's you're crazy. :mrgreen:

I must have got 2 from that newer run because both of mine are plenty stiff for my liking and I have always liked stiff putters as well. I like the look of the grid stamped ones better though so I might check some of those out.

I need to stop changing my bag. Kind of gave up on minimalism a bit this go around.

P&As
P2
Meteor
Buzzzs
Wasp
Leopard
Teebirds
Eagle
Firebird
Destroyers

I decided I don't like to beat discs in so this is just easier.

Why wouldn't you pick up something faster with low HSS and LSS to throw possibly underpowered straight as far or farther than your currently longest disc to save your back from a full power throw to get D? Destros fade out early even in light beaten pro compared to the longest non Bliz discs available and at least a 150 Bliz Katana while fading out does it so far down the line that the Destro can't keep up. Unless you have a super light Bliz Destro in there. That could work as well for maintaining D having dependable flight and saving your back. I hear Destros are surprisingly overstable. I haven't seen sub 150 Bliz Bosses in Finnish stores so i didn't pick Bliz Bosses already owning UL R Pro Bosses but i have each of the other molds in Bliz already or enroute. Destro is enroute. So i may be able to give opinions later this week about how sub 150s fly. I have a 150 and 156 Katana already and the 150 has legs and turns easily while coming back reliably and the 156 is surprisingly meaty for a Katana.

CHANGES

Wizards
Rocs
Leopard
Teebirds
Eagle
Firebird
Destroyers

I somehow missed your last post JR. That is a good idea. I might bust out a Katana or something similar from my basement to make it easier on me. I have always just like the predictability of destroyers so that is why I am still throwing them. I should try out a blizzard destroyer at the very least.

That lasted long. I'm trying the MVP line up again. After one day with their 4 molds I don't really see a big difference between the ion and the anode. Also, the vector isn't any better into a headwind than the axis is so I may be down to the anode and axis real quick.

That mirrors my experience but i do putt with a no sand blast opaque 168 soft Ion and drive with med 175 Anode. Clear Ion is nice with rear heavy grip on drives with little index finger inside the disc and not a hard pinch. That grip makes it fly more like i hear from others vs heavy thumb/index pinch.

The anode is causing issues in my bag. It goes far. I think I am going to need to change my mids to some farther flying discs to avoid overlap. I think I want to try out a kind cobra but I am not sure what overstablish mid range there is that is faster that I could compliment it with. Hornet is the only thing in my head right now. Anyone got any other ideas?

S Warrior. Or if there are really harsh courses around you an E Warrior. They fly straight for a fairly long time but will move sideways a fair bit once the fade kicks in. Not Sentinel like though. It is probably a preference/course/rest of the bag issue which you like better the Hornet or the Warrior. Hornet fades more than the Warrior. Warrior ain't that far off of a Wasp flight line wise only faster and longer by a bit. I don't hear enough praise for the Warrior or the less stable little brother Scout. Finally Gateway has good not hooking hard mids. Neither of the straighter mids take winds well -unfortunately. For hooking harder fade and wind handling there is the driver shaped short Blaze.

Latest posts