• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] RW-Pro

ParkerJ152

Bogey Member
Did you guys see this?

Innova has just made the next advancement in disc golf material. RW-Pro - Rubber Wood! Rubber Wood is R-Pro plastic (which is a special compound of plastic that features the durability of Pro-Line along with an enhanced rubber grip and feel) with an environmentally friendly WOOD composite that makes the disc firmer and offers a textured grip like the old school Special Edition Rhyno and early Omega Super Soft. By far one of the most eco-friendly discs in disc golf, the RW-Pro has the look and smell of wood. Be the first to purchase this very collectible disc that will help support the 2009 US Masters. This new blend of material shows how Innova Champion Discs continues to lead the disc golf industry with new technology and material.

a discs that looks and smells like wood. inflatable dart board springs to mind.
not for wooded courses of course.

Putting wood in a plastic is like encasing your vegetables in cement before you put them out to compost It no more eco friendly than plastic with chalk filler, if it were bio-degradable plastic on the other hand....

and slightly stiffer than pro R but will all the grip......aka DX?

Hats off to Innova though gotta keep pushing the sport and that is certainly an appealing option, if it were not wood coloured but that is an easy fix.

So I ordered a 180 Rancho Roc in the Rw-Pro "wood" blend and got it in the mail yesterday. First Impressions:

Very flat top
Really grippy, with a nice texture.
Smells like Peanuts.

Can't wait to take it out. I love new Rocs...

So I ordered a 180 Rancho Roc in the Rw-Pro "wood" blend and got it in the mail yesterday. First Impressions:

Very flat top
Really grippy, with a nice texture.
Smells like Peanuts.

Can't wait to take it out. I love new Rocs...

I like peanuts :D let us know how it flys to the other rocs...

So if it's got wood in it, can you set it on fire? (think night golf with a blazing disc!)

How about float? Do these suckers ride the waves or sink like rocs - oops - stones?

Looks like they are getting crazy at the Innova factory. Maybe one day they will use the flavored plastic that I found.

You got that right, they are coming out with all kinds of new stuff here recently. Scented discs that look like wood?...

They actually look pretty cool, I may have to order one.
Dang it, every time I think to myself that I have all the discs I need/want, they have to come out with something else for me to buy...

It's a good thing my wife is supportive of my DG addiction...:D

I think I'll wait for the Cedar edition to come out. That way I be able to keep the moths out of my bag too! Maybe a nice Western Red Cedar...

Plastic has its downside... no doubt.

Good for the Innova folks for at least thinking and trying to be a responsible corporate partner with consumers and Mother Earth.

Not everyone is pleased with society concerning how it treats this planet, I assure you.

Where the hell do folks plan to go if we ruin this one? We only have one planet at this point in time and I do not see that changing soon.

Good for a business that at least tries to be a responsible corporate citizen. Kudos.

Termites do not really eat cypress but don't tell anyone because they are already cutting down the remainder of the old growth stands that remain.

If it smells like peanuts you might be able to train dogs to find it easier. That would make it less difficult to loose.

Good for the Innova folks for at least thinking and trying to be a responsible corporate partner with consumers and Mother Earth.

Not everyone is pleased with society concerning how it treats this planet, I assure you.

Where the hell do folks plan to go if we ruin this one? We only have one planet at this point in time and I do not see that changing soon.

Good for a business that at least tries to be a responsible corporate citizen. Kudos.

So, in a roundabout way Roc's are saving the world. :)

Last edited: