• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sailent ? hyzerbomb? physical flight?

cam111366

Birdie Member
What's the evolution & affiliation of these 3 companies and bags? Catalyst, Contender, Flak??

Physical Flight became Salient last year. Their bags are designed and handled by the same people.

Hyzer Bomb, to my knowledge, is not affiliated with Salient, although the Flak and Contender look a hell of a lot alike. I believe the Flak predates the Contender.

Physical Flight became Salient last year. Their bags are designed and handled by the same people.

Hyzer Bomb, to my knowledge, is not affiliated with Salient, although the Flak and Contender look a hell of a lot alike. I believe the Flak predates the Contender.

Well I have a Sailent Catalyst and today I just got my Hyzerbomb Millenium Flak grey/purple both are equipped with same zippers, handle, textured feet, similar shape sort of but definitely either they share ownership, friendship or are using the same manufacturing company they are identical in tons of ways. Flak & Contender are nearly identical in design minus a few changes.

you are really behind on this story is what he's saying. the flak was sent to physical flight for a potential deal to make the flaks in bulk...lo and behold they come out with a new bag that "coincidentally" is the exact replica of the flak. no affiliation no friendship. the end.

you are really behind on this story is what he's saying. the flak was sent to physical flight for a potential deal to make the flaks in bulk...lo and behold they come out with a new bag that "coincidentally" is the exact replica of the flak. no affiliation no friendship. the end.

Thank you! I guess when you have a job & life you miss out on the important stuff!!

This is definitely not true. Well the no affiliation is, but everything else, no not true.

Last edited:
This is definitely not true. Well the no affiliation is, but everything else, no not true.

Mr. DgFanatic, you may have the "inside track" but remember your information would have come from the side that would have stolen the design.

And unfortunately, your information misleads you as I can tell you that information is very much true.

It may seem like I'm just bagging on Salient again, but they really did steal the design. Kilgus wouldn't ever admit it, but very, very credible sources would.

The Flak only predates the Contender in the design stage. The Contender came out before the Flak because, well, Physical Flight produced the design, renamed it and claimed credit.

The Flak was already out well before the Contender. Hyzerbomb had released the first and second iterations of the Flak. Then came the Flak 3 fiasco. A mass of preorders and no product. At that point, Hyzerbomb started shopping their bag production around, trying to find a way to get the Flak 3 back into play. One of those contacts happen to be Physical Flight. Now, Physical Flight already used a lot of the same supply companies as Hyzerbomb. That's why the handles, feet, etc. are the same, even though bags like the Physical Flight Challenger were in production earlier. Which, likely had something to do with Hyzerbomb reaching out to Physical Flight in the first place (they already had access to some build parts). Physical Flight was given some older Flaks to see what they could come up with. For whatever reason, it never panned out. Hyzerbomb decided to go a different direction. By that point, the Flak 3 preorder promises were almost a year old, and the original preorder customers had mostly been refunded. Hyzerbomb had a real knack for disappearing for some six months at a time without any updates or info. So, lo and behold, out pops preorders for the Contender. There are obvious differences. The majority of the same features are there, just rearranged. The core, however, is definitely a Flak. Once the Contender preorders hit the scene, Hyzerbomb put the rockets on getting the Flak 3 up and running. They touted improvements, but it was the same Flak 3 they had put up almost a year prior. They even re-released the same promo video.

All in all, I think Physical Flight made some gross errors in their rush to produce a bag that wasn't the "boxy, odd" Challenger. And Hyzerbomb did as well in their rush to be in the mix with the Contender release. Both companies have happy, dedicated customers. And neither will admit mistakes, whether they be business or ethical. So it's really a moot point. As consumers, the politics of their businesses are mostly irrelevant anyways. Buy what you like, trust, and want. Let the people behind the curtains worry about everything else.

The Flak was already out well before the Contender. Hyzerbomb had released the first and second iterations of the Flak. Then came the Flak 3 fiasco. A mass of preorders and no product. At that point, Hyzerbomb started shopping their bag production around, trying to find a way to get the Flak 3 back into play. One of those contacts happen to be Physical Flight. Now, Physical Flight already used a lot of the same supply companies as Hyzerbomb. That's why the handles, feet, etc. are the same, even though bags like the Physical Flight Challenger were in production earlier. Which, likely had something to do with Hyzerbomb reaching out to Physical Flight in the first place (they already had access to some build parts). Physical Flight was given some older Flaks to see what they could come up with. For whatever reason, it never panned out. Hyzerbomb decided to go a different direction. By that point, the Flak 3 preorder promises were almost a year old, and the original preorder customers had mostly been refunded. Hyzerbomb had a real knack for disappearing for some six months at a time without any updates or info. So, lo and behold, out pops preorders for the Contender. There are obvious differences. The majority of the same features are there, just rearranged. The core, however, is definitely a Flak. Once the Contender preorders hit the scene, Hyzerbomb put the rockets on getting the Flak 3 up and running. They touted improvements, but it was the same Flak 3 they had put up almost a year prior. They even re-released the same promo video.

All in all, I think Physical Flight made some gross errors in their rush to produce a bag that wasn't the "boxy, odd" Challenger. And Hyzerbomb did as well in their rush to be in the mix with the Contender release. Both companies have happy, dedicated customers. And neither will admit mistakes, whether they be business or ethical. So it's really a moot point. As consumers, the politics of their businesses are mostly irrelevant anyways. Buy what you like, trust, and want. Let the people behind the curtains worry about everything else.

Well Said.