• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

I really think you guys will like the Helix. Pictures will be going up next week but for the time being I can answer questions for people that are curious about the bag. I will also post up some details later tonight when I get home.

How about sending me a bag to test out? I will put it through the paces and give a honest review of it.

Win Win situation right there:thmbup::thmbup:

Typically with products that offer a lifetime warranty from manufacturer defect (their fault) you can get an RA paid shipping label sent to you for return. Places that make you pay for shipping either way, on your dime, are simply not fully backing their product in my eyes. It's not unheard of obviously but when you are dealing with almost two hundred bucks, are trying to rebuild your reputation as a good company without faulty products, I think it makes sense to go to the extra effort so that customers who may receive faulty bags aren't out of pocket any more money to get what they should of with their original investment. Bags aren't cheap to ship. I personally won't buy any lifetime warranty product if I'm expected to pay shipping to get what I originally paid for. That's just me though maybe. I don't deal with companies in the gun or computer industry who expect the customer to handle shipping costs either or both ways.

We currently send prepaid shipping labels for unused bags that have manufacturer defects. I know you seem to be talking just company's in general and not salient but I just wanted to put our process out there.

We currently send prepaid shipping labels for unused bags that have manufacturer defects. I know you seem to be talking just company's in general and not salient but I just wanted to put our process out there.

No that's cool you should talk from salient's policy. See I had no idea you would send a prepaid label if it was unused. That is probably something you should tell people upfront. Or just make the policy so much simpler like not asking for original boxes but telling people who ask for warranties to please use a large enough box so as not to damage the product or they will be denied warranty. Or just offering prepaid labels for everything and really letting people know you back the workmanship. I would certainly look my bag over before use and tug on the seams to make sure it was quality before taking it out for use knowing this.

No that's cool you should talk from salient's policy. See I had no idea you would send a prepaid label if it was unused. That is probably something you should tell people upfront. Or just make the policy so much simpler like not asking for original boxes but telling people who ask for warranties to please use a large enough box so as not to damage the product or they will be denied warranty. Or just offering prepaid labels for everything and really letting people know you back the workmanship. I would certainly look my bag over before use and tug on the seams to make sure it was quality before taking it out for use knowing this.

I completely understand what you are saying SteezeOG and appreciate your input. These are all good points that I will look at and talk with Chris about. When we make up the warranty cards we will have a finalized warranty program and I will list that here.

Bag looks great from what I can see in those littler teaser pics lol. Like I said that felt lining on the valuables pocket is a great idea. Really a good decision for smart phones and if someone is dumb enough to stick a dirty disc or towel in that pocket that deserve the hassle of cleaning out dirty felt. The color scheme seems cool too. I'm glad you guys are moving forward and I'm sure you'll get that warranty stuff all figured out.

Bag looks great from what I can see in those littler teaser pics lol. Like I said that felt lining on the valuables pocket is a great idea. Really a good decision for smart phones and if someone is dumb enough to stick a dirty disc or towel in that pocket that deserve the hassle of cleaning out dirty felt. The color scheme seems cool too. I'm glad you guys are moving forward and I'm sure you'll get that warranty stuff all figured out.

Also inside that big felt pocket is a small cell phone felt pocket. Just in case you throw your keys in that big pocket they still won't touch your phone.

Also for people that have the catalyst we made the go get it slot wider, taller, and deeper. You can now zip the flap shut with discs in the slot no problem.

Also inside that big felt pocket is a small cell phone felt pocket. Just in case you throw your keys in that big pocket they still won't touch your phone.

Also for people that have the catalyst we made the go get it slot wider, taller, and deeper. You can now zip the flap shut with discs in the slot no problem.

That's cool. One feature on my grip bag I really enjoy is being able to zip up every pocket and compartment for travel.

Will you guys be doing any kind of upgrade program or discount for people who ordered Catalysts? This was something Big Hyzer did when they cranked the Ergo 2 out shortly after the Ergo 1, and I thought that went a long way toward creating some brand loyalty.

Will you guys be doing any kind of upgrade program or discount for people who ordered Catalysts? This was something Big Hyzer did when they cranked the Ergo 2 out shortly after the Ergo 1, and I thought that went a long way toward creating some brand loyalty.

Very good question, I first want to say the Helix is not replacing the Catalyst. The Catalyst still remains are smaller backpack bag. However if you purchased the Catalyst during the preorder period you can purchase a Helix for $150 shipped. This is more of a loyalty discount. I see what you are saying as far as the Ergo 1 to Ergo 2. The Helix is not going to be a modified Catalyst it is going to be a whole new bag.

Very good question, I first want to say the Helix is not replacing the Catalyst. The Catalyst still remains are smaller backpack bag. However if you purchased the Catalyst during the preorder period you can purchase a Helix for $150 shipped. This is more of a loyalty discount. I see what you are saying as far as the Ergo 1 to Ergo 2. The Helix is not going to be a modified Catalyst it is going to be a whole new bag.

Very nice, that's a good deal for people who might want to upgrade. :thmbup:

Any idea on when the helix will be released? I think I'm already sold on it if it comes out soon enough

I've bought 2 salient bags, one (Catalyst)) was "mistakenly" advertised to be bigger than the actual bag size received and lacked functional design. The other one (LATEST RUN CONTENDER)is a complete turd as far as quality is concerned. Both were a shipping nightmare. Salient is all suit and no trousers. Good luck to all you poor optimistic basterds :popcorn:

Any idea on when the helix will be released? I think I'm already sold on it if it comes out soon enough

We are expecting a smaller shipment of bags by air to get here before AM Worlds on July 19th. The rest of the bags we are expecting at the end of July.

I've bought 2 salient bags, one (Catalyst)) was "mistakenly" advertised to be bigger than the actual bag size received and lacked functional design. The other one (LATEST RUN CONTENDER)is a complete turd as far as quality is concerned. Both were a shipping nightmare. Salient is all suit and no trousers. Good luck to all you poor optimistic basterds :popcorn:

Why would you buy another bag from a company you had so many problems with to begin with? something seems weird here lol.

A suit includes matching jacket and trousers, duh!

Its actually,"you're all fur coat and no trousers."

Meaning you are a woman.

I bought the Catalyst for myself, but ended up regifting it to the wife. It wasn't horrible, but wasn't anything special. Later, I was trying to save a few bucks buying a Contender and Grip doesn't ship to APO addresses. There were a few guys I played with that had early run contenders so I figured that they'd be more or less the same...not so much. The quality looked like a 5 year old stitched it together, which may actually be the case. Storage on top is hard to do because it makes the bad sag to one side or the other. I guess what I'm saying is that Salient doesn't make a quality product and their design sucks. I should know because I've bought 2 bags.

He made the mistake in giving them a second chance.

You have never even given them a chance and bash the hell out of the company lol. GET REAL PANDA FACE!

You threw a Prometheus (which sounded like all of a couple 3-4 throws) and then read about some bumps in the road with their first bag ... So that must make you are the resident salient expert!

Have you thrown the Vein or Backdraft? Did you try to use the catalyst? At least when you see me talking down about product-- I HAVE USED IT :doh:

You don't want one of these bags anyways so what the hell do you care about this thread or Huju or all the other places you spout your BS like some big DG pro.

I bought the Catalyst for myself, but ended up regifting it to the wife. It wasn't horrible, but wasn't anything special. Later, I was trying to save a few bucks buying a Contender and Grip doesn't ship to APO addresses. There were a few guys I played with that had early run contenders so I figured that they'd be more or less the same...not so much. The quality looked like a 5 year old stitched it together, which may actually be the case. Storage on top is hard to do because it makes the bad sag to one side or the other. I guess what I'm saying is that Salient doesn't make a quality product and their design sucks. I should know because I've bought 2 bags.

I may be bashed for pointing out but ScottP was not involved with PF or Salient when we launched Contender.

For those wondering:
1. All contender bags produced by physical flight and salient were all made in the USA by the same company, same materials, same quality.
2. Catalyst was made as a affordable bag for players to enjoy that couldn't afford a more expensive bag. (We've had very few returns)
3. We appreciate the support of all of the players at tourneys, on our Facebook, on DGCR and emails that we've received over the past year.

For those that read this thread please do not let the thoughts of some blind you from the fact that competition in manufacturing is a great thing. More choices, lower prices and better products is a result.

The main reason I am posting though is to publicly thank ScottP for taking the reigns and building a foundation of positivity for Salient which is much needed partly due to my own faults on this forum.

Back to Helix!! Scott's been testing one for awhile and 6 bags later with PF and Salient this is the best one we've created IMO.

Latest posts