• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salomon Shoes

One of my playing partners got a pair of those for xmas last year(12/06) and they were completely shredded by the time May(05/07) came around. And the guy isn't even a big dude. He's probably 6'2" and weighs about 180 lbs. So, he didn't put all that much stress on them. The best shoes that I have owned were my Nike GTX's. They lasted through three seasons of heavy dg. I think they were the Nike Tengu III Mid GTX.

plastic_fondler said:
x-out said:
Shaolintrained said:
I have a pair of the 3D gortex and they are awesome especially due to the fact that when they due wear (even a little) within a years time you can take them back and get a new pair without question. Great deal.

where can you do that?

REI

hmmm now i need to decide if i want to get them from REI so i can return them if i see wear, or get them for $80 without that guarantee :?:

http://www.rei.com/guarantee

This is where all the gear comes from that your see at member sales.

I actually just picked up a pair of the comp 3's non goretex for just under 50 bucks.

plastic_fondler said:
x-out said:
Shaolintrained said:
I have a pair of the 3D gortex and they are awesome especially due to the fact that when they due wear (even a little) within a years time you can take them back and get a new pair without question. Great deal.

where can you do that?

REI
Yes, you can do that, but it is fairly dishonest if you wait till the shoe breaks down through the course of normal wear to exchange it.

btw, North Face shoes beat Solomons and Merrell.

mikesolt said:
Dave,

i think proper footwear is critical. I pay more for my DG shoes...then my dress shoes...or sneakers......merely b/c DG takes more of a beating....

mike

And what DG shoes did you buy for them I like to know. el cheapo. ????

here is a pair for for guys that wear a 12.5 shoes $49.98.

http://www.rei.com/OM/style/757235?cm_mmc=cse_nextag-_-datafeed-_-product-_-na&mr:referralID=cd755141-a3fe-432c-91ab-1de6c29ce7c5

Wow. It either, "Best shoes ever" or "Last a month then fall apart" hmmmm what to do?

I think I'm gonna try them, but I'm only going to get them from REI so I can return them if need be.

Tim_the_Enchanter said:
I'd say give 'em a try, I'm betting they'd be at least as good as your Merrells.

I have a hard time believing they will last as long as these merrells, as I've never had a pair of shoes last this long. I'm a big guy and am hard on shoes. I'm going to try it anyways.

dgdave said:
Tim_the_Enchanter said:
I'd say give 'em a try, I'm betting they'd be at least as good as your Merrells.

I have a hard time believing they will last as long as these merrells, as I've never had a pair of shoes last this long. I'm a big guy and am hard on shoes. I'm going to try it anyways.

I don't think they'll last as long as your merrells. But they're way more comfortable. I'm going to look into Merrell's running shoes this summer when I need a new pair I think.

Salomon has a 1 year warranty, which excludes

Damage caused by misuse, abuse, neglect or normal wear-and-tear.

Since they sponsor disc golfers, I'm pretty sure damage from playing would go into normal wear and tear.

Mine are lifetime- through the vendor though. So...check your vendor warranty.

Someone had mentioned a lack of arch support earlier in the thread and I definitely felt it today. The past couple rounds I've played my arches will cramp up for about 10-15 minutes real bad and then go away. I might just look for another pair of insoles to see if that will help.

I orders the XA-Pros. I gat them from Zappos because REI didn't have my size.

Since I don't have the REI return policy, do I still have a warranty through salomon?