• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Same bag for a year now

schla104

Par Member
Well I've had this bag set up for a year now and I like it. I've tried to get away from my continual drive to always try something new and just get better with what I have and so far it is working. I throw almost everything forehand and I was trying to change that for a while but for the time being I've just accepted the fact that I prefer to play forehand.

I do not really feel like I am missing anything here(although maybe I am?) but I feel like I may have some unnecessary overlap and after a year, I'd like some outside opinions. So I guess this is going to be one of those rate my bag type of threads.

CFR Wraith 168g
Z Xpress 169g****
KC Pro Gazelle 168g
ESP Buzzz 173g
X Predator 170g
Champ Eagle 171g****
Z XS 174g
Z Flick 172g
DX Cheetah 168g****
DX Gazelle 170g (beat up, roller)
Champ Beast 168g
Star TeeRex 174g
Pro Starfire 172g
Pro Leopard 175g
Soft Wizard 173g
Medium Wizard 173g

I received a Star Destroyer as a gift and that may end up fitting in the bag somewhere too. Haven't got to throw it yet. I feel like it may just end up overlapping things I already have though. The three with the stars are 3 that I am considering removing right now and probably just carrying extras of things I throw more often like the Pro Starfire and the Predator. I do not throw any mid range discs really since most of the time I use the Gazelle or the Leopard. I throw the Buzzz probably once or twice a round and it works very well for me. I used to have a Roc in that spot but I really prefer the Buzzz.

You basically need a fairway driver, a distance driver, and an overstable driver for your distance. Figure out which of your discs do what and try to minimize the molds.

Your short game looks good with the Wizards and the Buzzz.

Since you're forehand dominant, the Gazelle and the Leopard could work out as fairway/midrange but you could drop the Leopard and beat up the Gazelle and then pick up a new one.

Im with James here in saying that i think you should try and minimize molds. Choose one for each key slot in Blake's article and try and pair down the drivers.