• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Sargeant

Lancerswimmer89

Birdie Member
Has anyone had a chance to throw one of these around? I've heard it described as something of a faster Thunderbird, or maybe a slightly less stable Convict or Getaway?

I ordered one of the SE Moonshine ones, but curious as to what others have experienced with it...

... or maybe a slightly less stable Convict or Getaway?

It looks to be both faster and more stable than a getaway. It's got a 2.1 cm rim, same as a Wraith which would put it firmly in the 11 speed.

Always interesting to me when multiple companies release discs in identical roles at the same time, in this case the Sergeant, Invictus, and (to a lesser extent) Vengeance. All high speed overstable control drivers.

The description makes it sound like a Wraith. The videos I've seen sure seem to look like a Wraith flight. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

The description makes it sound like a Wraith. The videos I've seen sure seem to look like a Wraith flight. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

i'm hopeful that the SE Moonshine one will beat it to something slightly less OS, but only time will tell I suppose.

i'm hopeful that the SE Moonshine one will beat it to something slightly less OS, but only time will tell I suppose.

So you've thrown it? How does hand feel compare to a Trespass? Right now I'm bagging a Lucid-X Trespass in my OS slot with a couple regular plastic Trespasses as my primary distance throwers. If/when I lost the L-X Trespass, I have ample choices to fill the beefy driver slot (PDx, domey Star Wraith, Bio Enforcer) but none of those discs feel like a Trespass.

So you've thrown it? How does hand feel compare to a Trespass? Right now I'm bagging a Lucid-X Trespass in my OS slot with a couple regular plastic Trespasses as my primary distance throwers. If/when I lost the L-X Trespass, I have ample choices to fill the beefy driver slot (PDx, domey Star Wraith, Bio Enforcer) but none of those discs feel like a Trespass.

For my arm speed, ~400' of power, it flies very similar to a LX Trespass. However, I should note that the I've had limited throws with both.

I've really started to dig this mold. I had thrown the Big Jerm Thunderbird as my main control driver, and always kinda wished it went a touch further, and that's exactly what the Sergeant has done for me. It can handle a lot of torque, get maybe like a -0.25–0.5 turn at the most, and not fade back too dramatically. I've got a great lineup of Explorer-BioFelon-Sergeant for my short/medium/long straight and fast drives going and I'm loving it.

Has anyone noticed that the production run of Lucid Sergeant seems to be beefier than the Hybrid LE run?

They're all the same weight....and the Lucid deff seems to be more beef than the hybrid...but the hybrid has more dome....anyone else have any input? I was hoping that Sergeant would be a bit more workable, but the Lucids don't seem to have any kind of turn to them at all.

I have one Lucid and I would kind of echo the other reviewer above. Maybe .5 turn. Little more stable then a Wraith or avg Wraith. It's a nice disc if you want a stable control/distance driver that can handle power as well. I don't throw with high power (375) but have thrown the Sergeant into the wind at 10-15 and it holds up pretty well. I think guys who throw 450 could dig it as a workable control driver. Not max distance but nice and stable and still great distance too.

I have one Lucid and I would kind of echo the other reviewer above. Maybe .5 turn. Little more stable then a Wraith or avg Wraith. It's a nice disc if you want a stable control/distance driver that can handle power as well. I don't throw with high power (375) but have thrown the Sergeant into the wind at 10-15 and it holds up pretty well. I think guys who throw 450 could dig it as a workable control driver. Not max distance but nice and stable and still great distance too.

I'm hopeful that a Bio or a Fuzion run will come out a lil less stable than the Lucids....I personally like something a little workable unless i'm just going straight up Felon or Enforcer

I've really come to lean on the Sergeant. Only thrown the Lucid's but am up to 5 of them to cycle.

For my arm (370' of power consistently) It holds a slight hyzer and has a nice forward finishing fade. It feels similar in the hand to a Wraith, but my wraith's don't hold up in the wind as well as the Sergeant. Really looking forward to getting two of them nice and beat in over winter.

I've really come to lean on the Sergeant. Only thrown the Lucid's but am up to 5 of them to cycle.

For my arm (370' of power consistently) It holds a slight hyzer and has a nice forward finishing fade. It feels similar in the hand to a Wraith, but my wraith's don't hold up in the wind as well as the Sergeant. Really looking forward to getting two of them nice and beat in over winter.

Agreed. The Sergeant is a kick @ss mold.

Super reliable and easy to range. I am throwing it a ton on 250-300 ft shots that need to hyzer in.

Great for forehand shots as well. I use it powered down to achieve pretty OS lines.

Has anyone done enough testing with the Sergeant to know which run is least stable? The lucid feels pretty beefy, but the Hybrid feels almost less stable than the stock run lucid.....and i have an SE, but haven't thrown it.

Can anyone else chime in?

Has anyone done enough testing with the Sergeant to know which run is least stable? The lucid feels pretty beefy, but the Hybrid feels almost less stable than the stock run lucid.....and i have an SE, but haven't thrown it.

Can anyone else chime in?

Just picked up a 166 fuzion sergeant yesterday. Was super windy all weekend and would definitely turn in headwinds or just good rips but always came back. I'm excited for it to beat to understable(fingers crossed it beats nicely) and I'm going to my local store tomorrow to grab a heavier lucid one as a true overstable driver to compliment it.

Anyone thrown the Biofuzions yet? I would assume they are basically DD's version of a Pro Wraith.

I recently tried a pair of Sergeants, I like the hand feel and am in general a fan of Trilogy's plastics. I'm also a big fan of the 10ish speed, they're definitely slower than a Wraith, with a clearly narrower rim width, quite close to an Orc or a Beast.

However the two I tried were a beat in Fuzion and a super beat in Opto, so not at all representative of their regular stability, I would imagine. The Fuzion was pretty straight, easy to turn if I tried but didn't do it on its own and always finished, I threw it into a 13-15mph head-ish wind on some hyzer and it turned over and never came back. The Opto was a lot more understable, slightly beat in Beast or fresh Mamba understability.

So, has anyone tried these recently? I'm thinking about either getting a fresh Opto Sergeant or Champion Orc to fit between a Star Invictus and slightly beat in Star Orc and I'm not sure which is more likely to give me the comfortably workable overstability I'm looking for.

I like the fuzion Ice runs a lot. I'd say they are workable overstable. They're pretty flat. I've also tried hybrid that started out a bit more overstable and biofuzion that was the least overstable and had a bit more dome.

I've got a fusion but I've never thrown in. Might have to give it a go.

Latest posts