• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Save Swope Park, Kansas City, MO

This is pretty much the same thing that happened to Bear Creek. It was one of the most popular in DFW. A few holes were supposed to go away for a dog park. That somehow changed to all of the holes by the end of the project. It sounds like they were trying to keep the club informed with Swope, where as the city of Grapevine actively tried to avoid contacting the local club. The club found out through the media. I don't know if KC was doing the same thing as Grapevine, but down here it became obvious that they just didn't want the course there anymore.

Just read about the issue:
https://www.pitch.com/news/article/...an-unlikely-contingent-the-discgolf-community

It is curious as to why the dog shelter couldn't be placed on any other part of the park. On the other hand, I don't get how anyone can claim ownership. I doubt the kind gent who passed in the 19th century said anything about disc golf in his trust. Trying to be compensated for work put to the course is like believing a boat is a profitable investment.

Overall, I do hope the shelter is built and well run, and think the park would be an excellent place for it, though don't think a dgc overtake is the way to do it.

I also think the title of the article was a bit aggressive.

Just read that "Pitch" article as well. What a shame. And a sham.

I have a much better solution to the problem...

Kill them all :|

MxsdIrF.png