• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scales Lake Park--Boonville, IN--NEEDS EVERYONE'S HELP

jobwilson

Eagle Member
Hello everyone. I am writing this message in hopes of gaining some support from fellow DG'ers. Earlier this week, a planned DG Course at Scales Lake Park in Boonville, Indiana (Boonville is a small town located about 10 miles east of Evansville.) was nixed by the park's administrative board. This news was received after the small group who had been working on development had began to receive commitments for sponsorship and funding.

I am asking that anyone who reads this and wants to support our cause please visit this link and sign the petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/WarrickCountyDiscGolf/signatures.html

Hopefully we can get enough signatures to make them think about reconsidering their decision.

For more info, you can visit the Ace Eagles Disc Golf Club discussion board: http://aceeagle.bigforumpro.com/general-chat-f4/scales-lake-t474.htm

Thank you,

Job Wilson

Nice job, Job. Glad you and Ben were able to get this set up and going. I really hope it opens some eyes up in Boonville.

Signed (somehow twice?), and added this comment:

Disc golf is a sport that is low impact on the environment and on players, allowing it to coexist with many other park activities. It's an activity that encourages people of all ages to get out and use the parks, with competitive players from 4 to over 85 years old. Disc golf courses get used year round, and are very cheap to install compared to most other park equipment, making it a great value for the amount of traffic it can generate.

Many players travel long distances to play courses, especially for tournaments and other events. Disc golf can bring a great deal of revenue to an area, with gas, food and even lodging expenses. There are very few uses of public land that can claim nearly the return on investment that disc golf does, especially when you have an active local group offering to help with the costs and labor to get the course installed.

2 years later this course is exactly where it was when I made this initial posting.

Layout has been approved but there is no funding.

Boooooooooo! Are you working on funding or are you wanting the parks Dept to fund it?

We are working on funding another course in Evansville. Here's the thing, Boonville is about 20 minutes from Evansville, so that course is one the backburner until we get the State Hospital course in the ground.

Which could be before end of year. We have made all the major decisions, layouts approved and we think we have about 15 holes paid for.

Gateway Titans, FTW!

Latest posts