• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scaredy cat

Krusen

Birdie Member
I scared the shit out of a cat last night.
I was trying to get an extra round in, so I had to tape on the lights. After my first throw, I see a cat running for his life in the opposite direction that my disc was traveling. I guess he thought it was some kind of hawk with glowing red eyes, and he better get the hell out of its way.

krusen said:
I scared the shit out of a cat last night.
I was trying to get an extra round in, so I had to tape on the lights. After my first throw, I see a cat running for his life in the opposite direction that my disc was traveling. I guess he thought it was some kind of hawk with glowing red eyes, and he better get the hell out of its way.

hehe, that's funny.

Coincidentally, I saw an actual hawk during my round yesterday, he was HUGE. Just cold chillin', riding the wind gusts. It was pretty cool.

There are two hawks that live at my home course, crazy how fast they can fly through trees and not hit any...Hmm, maybe I should start throwing a hawk. :lol:

TLapham said:
There are two hawks that live at my home course, crazy how fast they can fly through trees and not hit any...Hmm, maybe I should start throwing a hawk. :lol:

Haha, all you'd have to do is tape a mouse to the chains and toss that bad boy....he'd head right for it...guaranteed ace.

:lol: I'm in favor of almost anything that annoys a cat. :twisted:

I saw two red fox scampering around course last night...that was pretty cool...as long as their not rabid. :shock:

my brother and I used to play early morning rounds and one time we heard a lot of noise coming from a tree. it was a red tail hawk chasing a squirrel around a tree. watched for a couple of minutes then the squirrel lost and the hawk flew away with it. it was quite amazing to watch.

I was playing a new course yesterday and there were probably 15 or 20 turkeys that were following us around. Seems like they knew where we were going to throw and booked it to the fairway. I actually tried to hit a couple but missed, tells you how on my game I was yesterday. These things were huge, a couple of them were toms and they were wicked puffed up and gobbling.

And on another hole there was a hill to throw over and we saw some ears on the other side, threw the disc and saw a deer galloping over the hill and into the bushes. Funny thing was this course was at Fairfield University in the middle of the city of Fairfield CT. Strangest thing I've ever seen.

There're two courses right within a mile of eachother in Royal Oak, Michigan. Starr Jaycee park and Wagner park. There used to be this big, and I mean BIG (2 1/2 feet tall perched) hawk or eagle or something that hunted at both. Some days you'd see it at Wagner, some days at Starr. Last time I saw it was almost two years ago so I figure it's gone elsewhere or worse... I was just teeing up to throw hole 5 at Starr and right where I was going to throw I see it swoop down out of a tree, tag this squirrel once and just kinda hop around for a minute, then it got ready to eat it. Sucks, 'cuz these kids on bikes came tearing up when they saw it and scared it away from a perfectly good and well caught meal.

There was a turkey on my throwing field, and by turkey, I mean a shit-for-brains guy. Dude gets out of his car, gets a dog out from the back seat, stands there and watches me fling a couple of discs, then walks right out in front of me, walks straight out ahead, (right the F where I had been throwing my discs toward) lets his dog take a crap, stands around there for a while, then finally moves off toward the right side of the field, which is where my shanked discs fly. Stood around over there for another 5 minutes, and finally went back to his car, let the dog in went home) LEFT HIS DAMN CAR RUNNING THE WHOLE TIME HE WAS LETTING HIS DOG CRAP IN MY FIELD TOO. F'in idiot.

I've shortened the tails of a couple squirrels on the same hole a few times these past weeks. One used its "spider sense" and ducked but one didn't even know what happened ad just kept munching away on its acorn (literally missed its head by 2".

stoneman said:
:lol: I'm in favor of almost anything that annoys a cat. :twisted:

I saw two red fox scampering around course last night...that was pretty cool...as long as their not rabid. :shock:

A friend had his disc picked up by a fox and it ran away for 20 yards or so. Then the fox turned around and stopped to stare at my friend. At that point he didn't know if rabies exists in Finland so he didn't want to risk going after the fox. Finally the fox decided this game is no fun dropped the disc and walked away. My friend used a plastic bag to pick up the disc and washed the disc and tossed the bag. In reality rabies is so rare here that it really isn't a real issue.

haha last week a cat scared the hell out of me!! i was on hole one and i started hearing this weird hissing and i was looking around and thought damn maybe there a mountain lion or something. (we don't have mountain lions in central ohio, or mountains for that matter) but i just saw this liitle cat strolling around.

nice drive kid said:
I actually tried to hit a couple but missed, tells you how on my game I was yesterday. .

why the fuck would you even try something like that?

Jaysus said:
nice drive kid said:
I actually tried to hit a couple but missed, tells you how on my game I was yesterday. .

why the fuck would you even try something like that?

For the fun and the chance with a good hit, you might go home with a turkey dinner. 8) No difference then the people in Australia using a Boomerang to hunt with.

Disc Hunting........................Hmmmm, now there is an idea. 8)

That would be sweet....not having to pick the shot out of the meat would be cool. :lol:

I ALMOST tried for a squirrel on Wednesday. He was sitting on a branch, about 7 feet off the ground, about 10 feet away...he was just taunting me...there was a NASTY thick-ass bunch of briars behind him. I know he just wanted me to chuck my putter in there. :D

i was playing at Pier Park in Portland the other day with some random guy i met while playing(my first time, had no clue where i was going). he threw, and a feral cat went into attack mode after his disc. so i throw, actually aiming at the basket, and managed to nail the cat and sent him about 4 ft into the air. one of my proudest achievments ever.

Update- me 1 squirrel 0. I picked one off today from about 350' out. Didn't even know he was there till he jumped three feet in the air then took off like a bat outta hell. Tomorrow I'll try for some of the ferrell rabbits that camp out near hole 14. There's a fat one there that's just been asking for it.

I'll tell you a squirrel story. We were playing MacGregor park in Houston earlier this year and near the teebox of hole 8 or so, there was this squirrel maybe 25 feet away looking for food on the ground or whatever. So then my friend decides to pick up a rock and throw it at him. He hits him, apparently right in the head. The squirrel staggers around in a couple circles before falling down. I could not believe it. That idiot!! We walked up to it and saw that it was still breathing and lying very still. We did not see any blood, however. After a couple minutes, it got to its feet and slowly crawled away. I knew my friend felt bad, but he actually tried to rationalize what he did to make himself feel better. Anyways, sometimes my friend does not think before he acts...