• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Score card ?

Action

So this may be a dumb question......Do they have score cards at these courses ? Or what do you use to keep your score ? seems these courses are kind of.... you are on your own kind of play. which that is great. I have not played yet so was just wondering...not that I will need to keep score for awhile....lol
Jack

'Most' courses do not have scorecards available.

Getting comfortable with a scorecard not a bad idea. At leagues, weeklies, mins and tourneys you will be using one. Some more casual groups use them especially when a friendly dollar or is on the line.

Several phone Apps have scorecard features and becoming more integrated for sharing and reporting scores. See Udisc

So this may be a dumb question......Do they have score cards at these courses ? Or what do you use to keep your score ? seems these courses are kind of.... you are on your own kind of play. which that is great. I have not played yet so was just wondering...not that I will need to keep score for awhile....lol
Jack

Some courses do, but not all. DGCR has a scorecard that you can print out, but I can't remember how to do it (I'm going to and keep a bunch in my car).

As above stated, this site right here has easy access to printable scorecards. Go to your course page, click on Hole Info and scroll down to just under the last hole and you will see an option for Print Scorecards.

Or if you like to use technology there are many apps you can download to keep track of scores. Discraft also has some nice plastic erasable scorecards you can snag at some tournaments. Nice to clip to your bag so you always have access to a scorecard.

In short, you're usually responsible for providing your own method of scorekeeping unless in a tournament or some other competition. My scorecard is usually a memo or other text on my phone. Sometimes I write on an index card or use the DGCR app (thanks timg). The reason I don't use the app more is that I like making lots of random notes about bad or good decisions, which discs or shots I used, bad tree kicks or rolls, lucky bounces, etc.

As you alluded to, disc golf is an "on your own" sort of game, which is part of the attraction to many of us. At the same time, you can start training yourself to keep strict score and play in a disciplined manner while on your own. That way, if/when you start playing in leagues or PDGA sanctioned tournaments it won't feel abnormal.

Holding yourself accountable in some way, even in casual play, is part of what makes disc golf fun for many. The challenge of beating your previous round scores or scoring better on each hole is what keeps me coming back.

Last edited:
Jack

Well where I live the State Park has a Scorecard available for me to use but often when they were gone I used one of those mini notepads I found while in middle school up till 2007 when I lost the dang thing or ran out of paper. Now I have old pieces of the non Corrugated Cardboard for my scorecard outside of local. Also have a blank scorecard from a tournament I made a bunch of copies of for the other local in town course.

I also have when the handmade cards run out, on my computer the printable card from Innova just in case I want that for when I play with relatives some of who I got started after my uncle and Cousin/uncles son got me and my brother started as we do want to know how as a individual person how we are doing. Yeah Innova has the card, if I just write down the scores individually on a smaller piece of paper I get the whole thing messed up if I do not make at least a card that looks like a scorecard.

Not enough room in my head for that....lol
Jack

Yep I agree. Some I have seen use the golf Score card things with the dials but what if the course is odd say 19? Do you carry more then one just for this reason? I would have to have 2 just for the long courses that are more then 18.

As above stated, this site right here has easy access to printable scorecards. Go to your course page, click on Hole Info and scroll down to just under the last hole and you will see an option for Print Scorecards.

Or if you like to use technology there are many apps you can download to keep track of scores. Discraft also has some nice plastic erasable scorecards you can snag at some tournaments. Nice to clip to your bag so you always have access to a scorecard.

My brother got a Discraft scorecard last year with a Disc he purchased. I found that Innova makes a scorecard though they only work for 18 hole courses. Nice to see the option of Print scorecards on here, might take a look at getting those to use for a course that is over 18 holes.

My brother got a Discraft scorecard last year with a Disc he purchased. I found that Innova makes a scorecard though they only work for 18 hole courses. Nice to see the option of Print scorecards on here, might take a look at getting those to use for a course that is over 18 holes.

You know you can draw a diagonal line through any of those 18 holes and split the box for more holes.

Pretty sure he was questioning why no one had mentioned birdie beads to this point.

I like DGCR app and ONLY type in my score. it's fast, fun, and I don't have the mental capacity to keep score in my head. I rarely look back at my scores unless I think I beat my course record.