• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seth's Bag

SethL

Been playing DG for 3 months
Played regular Frisbee and Ultimate for 6+ yes
Right Handed
RHBH, some FH
Putters 150'- 180', mids 180'-200', drivers 210'-250

Age 18
Sex M
I am ok with my current bag
I would like to know if the discs I have are acceptable for my level, and I would like to get some suggestions on a disc to add. (Preferably from a brand I don't bag)

Putters
2x Innova Birdie 172g- main putter

Mids
Elite X Buzzz 175g- FH disc
DX Cobra (well worn, unknown weight)

Drivers
DX and Star Leopard 150g- Main Driver
Star and Champion Valkyrie 174g, 156g- for highly wooded holes
ESP Cyclone 176g- my wind fighter
MVP Wave- just there

Honestly the best way to go about it is to really learn what you can do with the discs you have and play a variety of courses.

When you find a hole and say damn I don't have a disc that does that then add a disc.

your bag looks great for a beginner, just learn to manipulate all those discs both BH and FH, o and practice putting and approaching, TONS!

eventually you will add in discs with more stability as you develop more snap/power and to deal with wind--

one of my favorite and most controllable 1st fairway drivers was a Gstar, lighter weight, Teebird3, very controllable disc both FH and BH and decent in the wind- right now I'm in love with an Emac Truth for a swiss army knife/do it all/ 1 disc round disc- although your Buzzz will do nicely as well

I'll agree with New and just say keep playing and keep throwing.

Personally, I would drop the Wave, Cyclone and start leaning on the Buzzz for all your midrange needs.

I would like to know if the discs I have are acceptable for my level, . . .

The only disc that is too much for your current distance is the Wave. Otherwise your bag looks good. The danger in throwing a "too fast" disc is getting in the habit of torquing it over to keep it straight.

When I was learning sidearm, Cyclone was my mail FH disc. I loved ESP Cyclones around 165 of less, which are hard to find.

If you were going to add a disc, consider a stable putter for BH and FH approaches. Something like a Wizard, Envy, lots of choices. Envy is shallow and has a nice FH grip. Putters are great for learning to throw FH cleanly.

Good luck!

I like your bag, anyone that throws a Birdie is ok with me!:thmbup:

The only thing I would add is a stable putter for wind, driving and upshots.

Don't over complicate things. Your setup is simple. Throw what is comfortable.

In ultimate, can you huck end zone to end zone?

One disc: Premium plastic Millennium Omega. Throw it for everything.

Don't over complicate things. Your setup is simple. Throw what is comfortable.

In ultimate, can you huck end zone to end zone?

One disc: Premium plastic Millennium Omega. Throw it for everything.
I can, but not really. I've never played full field ultimate. I can throw an ultimate disc probably 50-60 yards on average.

Latest posts